Acura World banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
whoa, i didnt know you had a gs...damn your car looks like its overweight or something:D...just playing, what year is that...why dont you throw on some springs??? Shyne:king:

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shyne said:
whoa, i didnt know you had a gs...damn your car looks like its overweight or something:D...just playing, what year is that...why dont you throw on some springs??? Shyne:king:
haha you didnt' miss anythign shyne. read the lounge, i just posted about it tonight.

it's a 98 GS400, with 32k miles on it.

well, the car is stock coz' i only got the car yesterday. i need some time man :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
wow, congratulations man...nice reliable car...where you getting all this money from:D...Shyne:king:

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shyne said:
wow, congratulations man...nice reliable car...where you getting all this money from:D...Shyne:king:
something called bank :) of course i finanace the car man, you don't think i can spill out that kind of cash do you :) just finished paying off my tl-s and now it's a second run @[email protected]

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BlackShadow said:
Nice ride bro!:beerchug: How come I can't find your thread in the lounge about your ride. Can I get a link?

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, how much you got it for?
reall? here you go

my review on the cars in car discussion:
http://www.acuraworld.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4980

my dilema a month ago
http://www.acuraworld.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3641

my new purchase :D
http://www.acuraworld.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4985

check your pm dinh :)

·
Purchased: April 28, 2001
1,440 Posts
Oh shiet! You now have my "affordable" dream car! I always loved the look of the GS but damn...the top of the line fully loaded is like 55k! Unlike others that go purely for performance and have short sighted vision, I want my cars to last forever! Euros are great, but after 60k miles people keep telling me thats it's usually a good idea to sell it since it starts to become a money pit.

Anyways...If I had to do my car buying all over again and 55k was my budget...then GS would definitely be the best bang for the buck.

I know it's a lil' off topic...but what would you categorize the "best bang for the buck" in the 35-40k, 40-45k, 45-50k ranges? I'm curious since I know the TLS+NAV wins for the 30-35k range.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hehe edgalang, you finally read this thread huh? ;) yeah this car is a dream, i have yet to find something that this car doesnt offer. if i am really picky, i would say it's the seat, which is no where close to sporty. it's too wide and there is no lateral support, so be prepared when you do cornering

well, best bang for the bucks on what kind of cars? i would take you as sport coupe / sedan? for 30 to 35, i will definitely agree with you, and i doubt if anyone else will argue (maybe some people will say g35). from 35 to 40, i think the is300 is the bomb. to me handling is way more important than hp, and somehow i think the is300 has some of the best handling i have seen.

for 40 to 45, i probably would choose the 330i/330ci. you are right about how durable the euros are, but this machine is very nice. i think with some good maintainence this car should be able to run for some time.

and last of all from 45 to 50k.... i really don't know.. no cars i like that will fall into this category. imho, if i have this amount of money, i would either wait a bit for the 50-55k range, or just get a 40-45k cars and put the remaining money on mods, that would definitely give me a much better feeling than going with a 45-50k whatever car.

and of course, between 50-55k, nothing beats the gs430.... excellent performance and quality. super quiet and very comfortable. like i said the seat is a "problem", so is the handling. seriously i don't think the handling of gs430 is that good at all. heck it doesn't even have a stock upper tie bar for the oddest reason.... but with some reasonable mods the car will handle like a dream

and if i can get, for 55 to 60k, the bimmer 540i sport will get my vote no problem. it's another monster on the road imho, and it runs very well too. the only down side is some electronic problems i have heard about.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.