Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you found them to scratch easy? Has anyone tried covering them with clear bra material or a coat of polyurethane? I'd hate for the wife and kids to scratch them up in a day or two.

·
Registered
433 Posts
it's look tough on the sills. I try to scratch serveral times, but it didn't scratch at all. To be safe since you have kids. i think you should find something to protect it.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
i have kits and nothing on the sills. it looks strong and i believe austin actually tried to scratch it without success.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
PAW2:
Unless you carve it with a sharp rock or metal object it won't scratch. Standard wear and tear will do practically nothing to it. On top of that...it's metal and can easily be polished out by hand.

Austin519

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Austin519

Never underestimate the destuctive power of a kid! HMMM!!! Hiking boots, embedded rocks?!?!

Wouldn't polishing the aluminum remove the silk screening?

·
Registered
8,020 Posts
No problems here.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The doorsills are pretty tough, we did the best we could on the durability department. The good thing is that they are in a recessed area so you're going to make minimal contact with them. Plus they are metal and scratches can be taken out pretty easily. But don't polish the silkscreening, that will come off if you put polishing compound to it. If your kids decides to take a screwdriver to it, nothing we can do about that :D

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
hey welcome aboard jeff

yeah i was wondering, i am sure it's hard to scratch the metal, but is it hard to take out the silkscreen?

·
Registered
246 Posts
If you take off the silkscreen, then you've scratched the metal. At the shop, they showed us that rubbing wouldn't take the silkscreening off and it wasn't until we took a knife and scratched the metal that anything came off.

rominl said:
hey welcome aboard jeff

yeah i was wondering, i am sure it's hard to scratch the metal, but is it hard to take out the silkscreen?

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
oh that's good to hear! yeah if someone really do something to scratch my sills i am sure it's so intentional that i can kill that person :)

·
1,959 Posts
rominl said:
oh that's good to hear! yeah if someone really do something to scratch my sills i am sure it's so intentional that i can kill that person :)

:D

·
Registered
385 Posts
rominl said:
I see that tempers flare when patience begins to run out. Someone get Henry his door sills, quick!;)

ps: I'm not yet at the killing stage, perhaps just the torturing stage for now.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yuuichi said:
blah..i want door sills..... :(

oh well, i'll just quietly swipe Josh's sills.... :evil:
If you would, quietly return them too after you discover that they are the sills that don't advertise "Type-S". If you're gonna swipe some, swipe the right ones. :D

ps: how'd the LED investigation go tonight?

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Yuuichi said:
hahaha Josh. Hmmm....it's ok! the non Type S one will do! :D

Nope, I didn't take anything apart yet. Guess we can't to it this week eh? :( I can't even re-wire my LED Scanner. Call me tomorrow.

hehehehe Henry.... saaay, your gonna be down here this week riiight? :naughty: lol! j/k :D
well....... then you'd better stick at impex

btw, my gs4 will appear at impex thurs afternoon. the only day that i will put up my 19

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.