Acura World banner

fuel injector fluid

7K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Escamar 
#1 ·
does anyone use fuel injector cleaner??i'm having this issue sometimes when driving, I push down on the accelerator and it the car jerks. it feels like the fuel isnt getting to the engine. i took it to acura but of course the couldnt "duplicate the problem" (took it twice)..this is happening almost everyday now so i was wondering if it has sumthin to do with the fuel injection system.

#2 ·
Fuel injectors and throttle body flushes should be performed at 30K miles. Try going to pep boys or some other auto parts store and purchase the fuel injector cleaner that you dump into your gas tank. It says fill up the gas tank and then pour the injector cleaner in, but I wouldn't fill it all the way up cause it might dilute it too much. but thats just my opinion.

#7 ·
Put the bottle of cleaner right before you fill it up with gas. The bottle will specify how many gallons of gas to mix it with. Usually the dummyproof way is to just fill the tank.....as long it's not a Ford pick up with some huge ass tank.

Now go take a drive and mix that tank real good, left, right, left, right, gas, stop, gas, stop:D.

The very highly rated cleaner is made by Chevron. Techron Concentrate. It comes in a black bottle. Don't even bother with the STP, Gumout and other brands. Get the Chevron stuff.

Redline makes a cleaner too and I have used it years ago but I like the Chevron stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.