Acura World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody else got any annoying rattles and funny sounds coming from their EL's? I think it's a well-known fact that the 1.7 EL's have some issues with rattles.

I've had a buzzing coming from the plastic rubbing against each other at the rear ledge and right C-pillar. It's not so evident in normal driving, but with the stereo system on, with low rumbling bass, you can really hear it. Yet it comes and goes, almost with the weather...the colder it is, the more it happens.

Also, just surfacing recently is the sound of something like a pebble rolling around on the right side when I make a turn. It sounds like it's coming from the bottom of the B-pillar, but pulling the pillar open didn't reveal anything (except for a scary looking pretensioner device for the seatbelt...with wires all over the place, and what looks like a mini-generator!)

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
RiceBoy said:
Anybody else got any annoying rattles and funny sounds coming from their EL's? I think it's a well-known fact that the 1.7 EL's have some issues with rattles.

I've had a buzzing coming from the plastic rubbing against each other at the rear ledge and right C-pillar. It's not so evident in normal driving, but with the stereo system on, with low rumbling bass, you can really hear it. Yet it comes and goes, almost with the weather...the colder it is, the more it happens.

Also, just surfacing recently is the sound of something like a pebble rolling around on the right side when I make a turn. It sounds like it's coming from the bottom of the B-pillar, but pulling the pillar open didn't reveal anything (except for a scary looking pretensioner device for the seatbelt...with wires all over the place, and what looks like a mini-generator!)
You guys are Canadians, thats why you have problems! ;) :p

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Although I noticed a lot of the parts inside said "Made in the USA". :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
Re: Re: Funny noises and rattles

Infamuz said:

You guys are Canadians, thats why you have problems! ;) :p
Or it's because Americans are working at our Canadian Honda plant :beerchug:

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Funny noises and rattles

EL_STYLE said:

Or it's because Americans are working at our Canadian Honda plant :beerchug:
Since when Canadians make cars? :bash: :p

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well, I've got some rattles too with my 1.6EL but I know it's because of my exhaust. It's around the plastic cover that's over the seatbelt mechanism in the door. I've actually put some foam inserts to absorb the rattle.

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wouldn't you know it, I take my car in to get these rattles checked into and fixed and they completely disappear when one of the service guys goes with me for a test drive to listen for these sounds. Nothing, except for one rattle from the right side, which isn't enough to pin point exactly where and what it may be from. So of course the very next day, the rattles are back in all their glory. :mad:

Guess when it gets warm, I'll have to rip some panels open and find and fix them my own damn self!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts