Acura World banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The project is shelved. ETA is end of year at best. No word on
why the pause... but tranny issues would have to be suspect.
I was with the Acura Bellevue parts guy when the call was made.

·
I WANT YOU!
5,777 Posts
Yep, I can see the tranny being the reason. Mine has been replaced once, so far. What a POS!

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
i wouldn't be surprised neither, our tranny is so bad to begin with. imho, i think a new tranny has to be PART of the supercharge, otherwise i dont' think anyone can install the supercharge and go on the street for more than couple of days before the tranny goes out.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
rominl:
Hope they don't screw the SC instead of Acura admitting our trannies suck and replacing those...but I know what Acura would do.

Austin519

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Austin519 said:
rominl:
Hope they don't screw the SC instead of Acura admitting our trannies suck and replacing those...but I know what Acura would do.

Austin519
very true..

and read my thread in the other car discussion forum about the supercharge on the gs400....

imho, if the sc on the tls doesn't boost it to over 360hp and 340lb-ft at wheel, it's not worth it

·
1,959 Posts
On a totally different topic, some guys have added NOS to their TL. Just wondering how many of these guys with NOS experience tranny problems?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
The fear of a Blown up tranny has stopped me from doing any type of performance. Im so scared I won't even put intake and headers on:eek:

If the supercharger came out, I'd be drooling for it, but theres no way i'd get it!:bigcry:

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
oSoFastFerU said:
The fear of a Blown up tranny has stopped me from doing any type of performance. Im so scared I won't even put intake and headers on:eek:

If the supercharger came out, I'd be drooling for it, but theres no way i'd get it!:bigcry:
well supercharge maybe, but i don't think the intake can blow the tranny in any case right? :sqnteek: :sqnteek: i mean, it merely affects the performance

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
81 Posts
By putting headers or any other performance mod, no matter how slight, Acura could still say that the transmission wasn't designed to handle that increase in power and refuse warranty work. That is why I won't put any performance mods on mine, only handling improvements.

David

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Yep, that is exactly why Im not putting any performance parts in my vehicle, not even a CAI, I don't want stuff to start malfunctioning, and the dealer saying, Oops you messed up we arn't going to fix it. But some rims and a drop and some tv's would definilty be cool:cool:

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
oSoFastFerU and SuperDave:
That makes no sense...because Acura warranties CT parts and all matters related to CT parts if they put it on. So if you buy the parts and they put it on...they're going to have to pay for it.

Austin519

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.