Acura World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Retired at 39 )))))))))
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the TL 2K without the Acura's NAVI. Since I already owned a moving map display (Garmin Color Street Map) I thought i could install it in the car but didn't want to glue the GPS clip to the dash. I figured why not getting a spare CD tray and modifying it to add the GPS clip. Here are the results. What do you think ? Only cost me 18 dolars :mhihi:

Attachments

·
Retired at 39 )))))))))
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to show the modified tray....:blush:

Attachments

·
Registered
771 Posts
hey that's a nice setup...the only thing is the access to the ac/heat.

my friend put his garmin on the top of the dash of his Rover...uses some kind of sandbag or something that came with it.:rolleyes:

good thinking on using the cd tray. :)

·
Retired at 39 )))))))))
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, the control are still accessible..... Since I leave everything in Auto, all works out fine :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Looks nice! Love the price point! ;)

I have a Delorme Earthmate for my laptop that I almost always have with me. Bigger screen than most of the other GPS products, and cheap. :D

·
Retired at 39 )))))))))
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also made an interface cable for the laptop.. using the rs232 port.. You can see the hook ups on top of the unit... it actually works great when interfaced with the Microsoft's Street Map or Map Point software... Not sure if that make me cheap but didnt pay for those either.... :D

Attachments

·
Purchased: April 28, 2001
1,440 Posts
retiree said:
I also made an interface cable for the laptop.. using the rs232 port.. You can see the hook ups on top of the unit... it actually works great when interfaced with the Microsoft's Street Map or Map Point software... Not sure if that make me cheap but didnt pay for those either.... :D
Hey...regardless the cost...you score buku points for innovation. :bigok:

·
Retired at 39 )))))))))
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You mean "Beaucoup" ))))))))

·
Retired at 39 )))))))))
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The screen is approx 4 inches wide. You have the whole continent for maps and can also purchase the map for nearly the whole world. I wont wont my unit at a Garmin conference -)

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts