Acura World banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new pair of work boots. I just realized today, after thinking about it, that my current pair is more than 15 years old (and way too small). I've been wearing a dress pair more often than I should, so I need a pair for outside yard work, snowblowing, muddy conditions, etc. Where's a good place to get a good quality pair of work boots?

And hopefully someone has a F&F discount for it.

·
Premium Member
7,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's where I went first (being a NASCAR sponsor and all), but it doesn't look like you can get them online direct from Red Wing. Anyone know a good place to get them online?

·
Premium Member
7,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And then the real question is, which pair? There are so many to choose from. I know I want 8" and waterproof. I'd also like a non-steel safety toe. Other than that, I'm open to suggestions. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
7,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A lot of places say Red Wing prohibits selling of their shoes online. What's up with that?

·
end me
14,794 Posts
I think you just narrowed down the search on your own - if you filter out all the ST boots - there'll only be a couple left I bet.

Most people want a ST as per OSHA safety requirements.

·
Premium Member
7,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actual steel-toed aren't that much of a majority any more. Some of the ANSI-rated safety toes are non-steel. According to their web site, Red Wing sells 165 different models of shoes and only 74 are steel-toed.

·
end me
14,794 Posts
but you also wanted 8" and waterproof - there's a filter on the Red Wing site... add color choice and you're probably down to one shoe.

·
Premium Member
7,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well 14 actually. But I still can't find any of them online. :mad: Don't these companies realized I'm trapped in front of my PC until 3pm with credit cards at the ready, just itching to make an online purchase. Shame on them! :bash:

·
Premium Member
7,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For Red Wings, I'm looking at in order of preference:

·
Premium Member
7,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
robbdogg said:
do you want to buy shoes that you've never even tried on? :sqnteek:
I've tried on Red Wings before (not these particular models though) and have always been impressed with their comfort. My feet are pretty normal so I don't have any unusual problems when I get shoes, and I've rarely found a sneaker or boot uncomfortable (shoes are another story--I don't even own a pair as a result). Most places have a pretty fair exchange policy on the off change I hate them.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts