Acura World banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14,949 Posts

·
Registered
8,020 Posts
My wife bought be a pair of Sorel work boots several years ago. I think they got bought out, but at the time they were da boot!.

I swear that I could be standing ankle deep in slush and ice and my feet are still sweating. My feet never get wet, never. They are a bit on the heavy side,, but I wouldn't trade them for the world.

http://sorel.com

·
Registered
14,949 Posts
Sorel's are :tits: in the snow. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So after all of your help (and not so mutch :sqnteek: ) I went out and got these puppies locally:

Chippewa waterproof, Thinsulate-lined all leather work boots. They're a discontinued model so I got them for $159, which is pretty good since after the fact I found them online for $184 and $203. They're still stiff and need to be broken in but they seem really comfortable.

·
Registered
14,949 Posts
pianoman41 said:
Oh and I'm tossing the :fruit: buckle on the front of the laces.
give it to Dhiren...I'm sure he'll be able to put it to good use. :mhihi:

·
Registered
8,020 Posts
pianoman41 said:
So after all of your help (and not so mutch :sqnteek: ) I went out and got these puppies locally:

Chippewa waterproof, Thinsulate-lined all leather work boots. They're a discontinued model so I got them for $159, which is pretty good since after the fact I found them online for $184 and $203. They're still stiff and need to be broken in but they seem really comfortable.

Are they temperature rated? I noticed that Sorel's are now temperature rated. They have boots rated from -29F to -100F.

Nonetheless, nice purchase. You'll appreciate them when using your snowblower in the next winter storm.

·
Premium Member
7,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
No temperature rating, but they've got a 400 rating of Thinsulate which translates to "moderate". I plan on wearing these in summer so I didn't want to go too snuggy.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts