Acura World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, I am going to turbo my integra gsr soon and i am still not sure what kind of setup i am going to run yet any suggestions on what parts or kits you recommend ? also i want to get stronger rods and lower compression pistons what brand would be the best to go with for them at a good price ?
....... my power goal is around 400whp (any help would be appreciated )

·
AW Detailing Wanker
16,287 Posts
400 HP is a pretty ambitions goal. There are tons of kits that are capable of accomplishing that but there is more required than just the kit. You'll need a full standalone ECU (Hondata, AEM EMS) fuel system and a ton of other miscelaneous parts will need beefed up versions from the new stress on the motor and chassis. A turbo kit also won't include engine parts. You'll need rods at the bare minimum but I'd go ahead and sleeve the block for that much power. No block guards either, those are just trouble in my opinion. You should probably spend about a year or so researching parts and necessities before you start throwing parts at the car, and thats if you're having a shop do the build. If you're doing it yourself then you'll need to understand a whole lot more about the skills required and a decent bit of wrenching experience.

·
"We got this... go home."
25,012 Posts
400 HP is a pretty ambitions goal. There are tons of kits that are capable of accomplishing that but there is more required than just the kit. You'll need a full standalone ECU (Hondata, AEM EMS) fuel system and a ton of other miscelaneous parts will need beefed up versions from the new stress on the motor and chassis. A turbo kit also won't include engine parts. You'll need rods at the bare minimum but I'd go ahead and sleeve the block for that much power. No block guards either, those are just trouble in my opinion. You should probably spend about a year or so researching parts and necessities before you start throwing parts at the car, and thats if you're having a shop do the build. If you're doing it yourself then you'll need to understand a whole lot more about the skills required and a decent bit of wrenching experience.
You took the words right out of my mouth...

Research, research, research...

·
Banned
30,092 Posts
Good advice guys. A boosted up Teg, when done right, is a beautiful machine. However, I haven't seen too many that were done right. Too many times, because of cost, time, owner's patience running low, ect., they are not done right and problems are the outcome.

Do your homework, research the hell out of it, and do it right. ;)

·
AW Detailing Wanker
16,287 Posts
Oh yeah, and remember it will cost twice as much as you initially budget to the project. Thats at the minimum.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i think it would be awsome man. but its going to be beyond just a kit. theres going to have to be some pretty heavy planing on this build and a lot of time just dont take any shortcuts

·
Registered
827 Posts
id definitely sleeve the block if your going for 400whp, and better rods, pistons, arp head studs, head gasket, arp rod bolts/main bolts, and might as well get a better intake manifold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts