Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 Acura TL - My battery kept dying after a week or so of driving. Then I would jump start it and the car would be fine for another week until I let it sit for the weekend. The battery was new, the starter and alternator all checked good. Turns out there was a power leakage. I went to the dealer and he told me it was common for the blue tooth to go bad and draw power while the car is off. I found that he roof console right near the rear-view mirror had a warm spot up very near the windshield. It shouldn't be warm especially without using the blue tooth. Combined with the fact that the blue tooth button wasn't working; he said that 9 times out of 10 the module is bad and needs replacement. He said he could charge me $75 to unplug the module (I don't use blue tooth anyway), or he could charge a couple of hundred to replace the module, or I could just go home and pop the black part of the console out (undo four bolts inside) and then unplug it myself. This is what I did. No more dead battery. My dealer has a customer for life!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts