Acura World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Describe why you need to "clean" it. I've never cleaned a dash in my life. :dunno:

However, something mild like simple green might do the trick, followed by a protectant.

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
Driven said:
Just to 'wipe' it and prevent it from cracking later on.
Lexol?

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Most modern dashes don't crack until well past their 1st decade. However - cleaner isn't necessary - just a good protectant. I use Clear Guard by Turtle Wax. I think it's silicone-based, and works great on the interior. It's not made any longer tho - it was replaced by this: http://waxdepot.safeshopper.com/50/538.htm?944

Driven said:
Just to 'wipe' it and prevent it from cracking later on.

·
Registered
14,949 Posts
I use a microfiber and water. Nuthin' more nuthin' less. Perfect cleaner!!!!

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
mffdvr said:
I use a microfiber and water. Nuthin' more nuthin' less. Perfect cleaner!!!!
I agree dont like my dashboard shining...

·
Registered
14,949 Posts
4thGSi said:
I agree dont like my dashboard shining...
Plus if you use any solvent or anything and spray it on.....all over the window and stuff. :bigcry:

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Where's a good place to get a microfiber towel?

·
Registered
407 Posts
autoxCLS said:
Where's a good place to get a microfiber towel?
We've got Canadian Tire, (aka: crappy tire), which is a big chain store, Kind of like Walmart. For you I don't know, sorry bro!

·
Registered
14,949 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
http://www.303products.com/protectant.htm

-It has the highest UV protection at SPF 40.
-It doesn't leave a shiny armor all look. It has a matte type finish.
-It doesn't smell.
-It is really easy to apply, wipe on, let sit for a few minutes, wipe dry.
-It is good for ANY surface except glass and rugs. And I mean any surface. I use it on everything. Clear-coated sections of our seat, fake leather parts of our seat, dash, doors, panels, all rubber or rubber-type seals, wiper blades, practically everything in the engine compartment. Did I leave anything out?

You can find it locally in most marina stores or boat stores. I think Sears also sells it, but only in some locations.

Check out this thread at a-tl.com:
http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34352

Also, I highly recommend flying over to http://autopia-carport.com/
There are a lot of people who know everything about car care over there. Anything you could possibly imagine is available over there.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
303 & leather also ;)

Here's something I posted over at a-tl.com and I think is worth posting here also, sorry for any who seen it already:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a good article from properautocare that pretty much sums it up for 303 on finished leather:

What does 303 do for leather?

303 Aerospace Protectant works on Finished Leather. "Finished Leather" is dyed the desired color and finished so it does not readily absorb water or other liquids. Auto upholstery and furniture are almost always finished leather. Absorbent leathers include deerskin, suede and chamois. If a drop of rain soaks in and makes a dark spot, it's absorbent leather and 303 Protectant is NOT for absorbent leather!

303 Aerospace Protectant softens hardening leather and leaves a natural, lustrous, repellent, non-oily finish. Similar to vinyl, finished leather is degraded by sweat, body oils, suntan and other oils & lotions. (Two extreme examples of this are tack (horse leathers) and exercise equipment. Before there was vinyl, the leather on exercise equipment was quickly destroyed by sweat and body oils. Now, sweat and body oils cause the vinyl to prematurely fail.)

303's super-repellent finish is crucial when it comes to finished leather. Besides protecting against sweat, body oils and lotions, 303'd leather is almost impervious to water & oil based staining agents. The major benefit is UV screening. 303 is the most powerful UV screening formulation is very effective on the dyes used in finished leather.

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Honda was being both cheap and ingenious with the Civic/EL. The top of the dash is pretty much all molded hard plastic, so no worries about vinyl cracks! :D Yet it's done so well that it wasn't until 2 months after I bought the car, that I noticed it, as there is a very elegant seam/groove where the vinyl and plastic meet. It doesn't look as arbitrary as the seams I see on some other GM vehicles :D

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
i've been using meguiars on my dash/door panels/interior....and it works great..doesnt create the way shiny look of armorall....

i dont spray it on the dash directly, i use a spray on clean cloth then apply....i find that if you spray on dash, it will cause ugly streaking...looks like you spilled some sticky drink on it.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Nothing..

but I dust it off wearing my anti-glare sunglasses :cool:
using a swifer towel.. picks up the dust off like a magnet..
and some compressed air into the dash cracks and stuff to get the dust that is in between..

no water
no chemical sprays
no wipes
no shine
no worries

1 - 20 of 25 Posts