Acura World banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yay! I picked up my body kit from South Coast Acura today. I was able to get the front lip in my naples gold color, but the sides and rear in heather mist only. The colors look so similar, but it's tough to tell in artificial fluorescent garage lighting. I'm going to put the side skirts on tomorrow and compare it in the daytime.

If it looks close enough, I might not even need to get them repainted. They'll be so close to the bottom shadows of the vehicle that no one would probably notice the color difference anyhow. Oh well, I'll find out soon enough. Cross my fingers. Remember me in your prayers. hehe.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
post pics

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
53 Posts
my kit should be coming in next week.....but i am sure you guys are saying:gives:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So here's the verdict. I tried putting on the heather mist side skirt today, and it actually looked quite nice. At certain angles it looks just like the Naples Gold color of the car. Then again, at other angles, it appears to be a lighter color, which would look kind of nice and unique. Sorta a subtle two-toned effect that adds an elegant feel to the car (that's what my mom said to me, at least).
So for the sides alone, I didn't see the need to get my kit repainted.

Then, I mentally superimposed the rear skirt onto the bumper and realized that there was no real seperation line between the bumper and the skirt. A sudden change in color in this region would simply not look good.

Alas, I took off the sample side skirt and will have the pieces painted in the upcoming week. No harm done in giving it a try.
Of course I snapped a pic or two while the side skirt was on. I'll post it soon if I get a chance.

:)

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
162 Posts
dope you got whole~~
sweet...lets go to the next meet..i wanna see your car

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
Bebber said:
So here's the verdict. I tried putting on the heather mist side skirt today, and it actually looked quite nice. At certain angles it looks just like the Naples Gold color of the car. Then again, at other angles, it appears to be a lighter color, which would look kind of nice and unique. Sorta a subtle two-toned effect that adds an elegant feel to the car (that's what my mom said to me, at least).
So for the sides alone, I didn't see the need to get my kit repainted.

Then, I mentally superimposed the rear skirt onto the bumper and realized that there was no real seperation line between the bumper and the skirt. A sudden change in color in this region would simply not look good.

Alas, I took off the sample side skirt and will have the pieces painted in the upcoming week. No harm done in giving it a try.
Of course I snapped a pic or two while the side skirt was on. I'll post it soon if I get a chance.

:)
dayumn, another Anaheim Hills member! There's a ton of us now...:eek:

What part of AH you live in? I live off Canyon Rim...graduated from CHS last year :beerchug:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wassup AH! I live close to the Canyon Library. Went to Troy High in Fullerton like Jack did. Graduated from USC last year. Working around LAX now. I need to move closer soon. The daily commute is killing me. :(

-josh

ps: Jack, try to stay happy despite your camry loanermobile. The time of redemption is near. :)

·
Oracle11iGuru
249 Posts
pics, pics, pics, and oh how much $$$?

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Congratulations Bebber. :beerchug: I too finished installing my kit this weekend. I got the '99 sides and rear in Flaminco Black because they are being discontinued for dirt cheap and got the front in Nighthawk Black Pearl because I have an '02. I honestly can't see a difference. And for 600 bucks for the whole body kit, I for one, cannot complain!!! :bigok:

BTW, the car looks like it took on a new life with the kit on. Oh and again, kudos to Jesal for selling me his rear deck spoiler. I honestly think it completes the killer sporty look!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok pics

Alright already, here are the pics of when I tried attaching the Heather Mist side skirt to my Naples Gold Metallic TL. You can tell that there really is barely any difference at all. Regardless, the rear skirt would probably have looked out of place so I'm going to get the pieces painted.
:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
looking nice....

Attachments

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Bebber said:
looking nice....
umm...... i can see that there is quite some difference indeed. i would definitely suggest you paint both the side and the rears

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it's all in the light really. It looks nearly unnoticeable at most angles, while looking sophisticated at the other angles. Still, like I said, I'll be getting them painting. I loaded the whole kit into my poor TL tonight and will drive it to a body shop tomorrow to get it painted. Boy this is a tight squeeze.
:eek:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts