Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
35% Madico Onyx (smoke finish) on 5 windows. the moonroof was closed but the sunshade was open for these pics. The back of the car was facing west at about 3:00.

Attachments

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
looks :tits: man. gotta have tint :bigok:

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Re: Got my tint: Pics

LIL RAJA said:

kewl, but not dark enuff. U should have gotten 20% or something...

lil raja
Anything darker than 70% is illegal on the front two windows in CA. I like the uniform look so I'm not going to put dark on the back and light on the front. 20% on the front is asking for trouble. Ask Scott how many tickets he's had for tint. And night time visibility becomes a problem when you go that low.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Got my tint: Pics

mdaniel said:

Anything darker than 70% is illegal on the front two windows in CA. I like the uniform look so I'm not going to put dark on the back and light on the front. 20% on the front is asking for trouble. Ask Scott how many tickets he's had for tint. And night time visibility becomes a problem when you go that low.
true true. But i guess I am just a dark side of the road. If it was up to me, I do my car with 5% tint. I don't like light much. I am a n8t person....

LIL raja

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Do dealers do tinting? Or do they send the cars to tint shops they prefer?

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
mdaniel said:

I'm almost certain they send it out. Same with body work.
What makes you say that?

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Scorpius said:

What makes you say that?
Because the dealer my dad bought his Acura from sent it out to have the tint done even though he bought tint as part of the deal. And when the dealer I got my 6 speed from scratched my trunk while installing the spoiler, they sent it to a body shop for repair. Dealer mechanics aren't trained as body men and window tinters. Easier to sub that stuff out than hire people to do it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.