Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can we get anyone to make us chrome shift plates for our shifters...Maybe Austin or someone can find somebody to make them...I love the look of them and it adds so much to the car...Whats up, can we coordinate a group buy or something??? Too bad 99's dont have to worry about this mod:(...Shyne:king:

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
i'd be interested

·
Registered
436 Posts
i am interest too. I been search every companies here and online to see if anyone willing to chrome my shift plate when i send to them, but none want to do the job. :(

·
1,165 Posts
um...this project has been started by Austin with apsign, JEff...I went down to measure up for the shift plate size...so...it should be done pretty soon...

we have the surrounds done already...Jeff said both chrome and brushed aluminum like the sills are avaible for this mod. i think i want Chrome surrounds, brushed aluminum plate...wutcha think?
oh yea...it would cost around 40 or so too...give or take

·
Registered
436 Posts
i want it chrome like the audi or the early tl the 99 have. it should be all chrome on the shift plate.

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,086 Posts
calvinpham said:
i want it chrome like the audi or the early tl the 99 have. it should be all chrome on the shift plate.
Hey Calvin,

Do you want your shift knob to be chrome, too?? :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm in for chrome shift plate.

·
Registered
436 Posts
nah i am ok with the shift knob to be wood. :) When i see those 99 tl have their things chrome, it make me so jealous. I try alot of shops around here and none of them want to do it. Paul do you know any shop down there that do that? :)

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Shyne:
Tommy had found a company interested....go PM him. Our trim for our cars from the aluminum guy can be done in chrome...all of it (though it'll be extra). The shift plate piece can be separately bought too, in chrome. But definitely go talk to Tommy...it's always good to have competition. Lets everyone have choices for what they want...not just one selection :D

Austin519

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,086 Posts
calvinpham said:
I try alot of shops around here and none of them want to do it. Paul do you know any shop down there that do that? :)
Do what, Calvin?? :dunno:

·
Registered
436 Posts
i found four good shop online that interest in doing this. They asked me to send them a picture of the shift plate so they can tell me how much they going to charge me to chrome that. I will let you guys know.

·
Registered
436 Posts
here is the two stores willing to do chrome for our ship plate.

First company is: "The pictures worked out fine. The cost to plate that part is 35.00 US dollars Plus the return S/H of 10.00 for that one part. If you have other parts the S/H may change slightly.
Hope this helps.
Chuck Vanderbyl
C.V. Vacuum Platers Inc."

Second company charge us: Thanks for the photo, we can do it approx $75.00 and about 10-15 days to
process ****thanks John"
with one should i do guys help me out?

·
Registered
436 Posts
because that company from canada, so he have to do all the paper works. :) the other one is here but charge us 75 buck. :) it still cheap with 10 dollars shipping.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
calvinpham:
Bargain with them dude...say you've got a lot that'll do it and you want a lower price...pit them against each other. And wait...they're going to give us totally new shift plates or chrome the ones we already have?

Austin519

·
Registered
436 Posts
guys i also find this place in usa, but he won't low down the price and cheaper the the 70 dollars one, but still kinda expensive. Here what he email me "plate as is..... plastic $65 plus shipping 949-254-4455". I really don't want to deal with the company out of our country. It worry me. I know I save a lot of money doing that, but it kinda scary. the other company charge me 35 dollars but the company is from British Columbia, Canada. Help me out please? thanks..

·
Registered
436 Posts
ok i just finished talk to the guy from canada on the phone. He sound very nice and everything. He say he won't accept any payment until i ship the shift plate to him. He told me because the only thing he see in the picture and he just estimate that price. He say the price won't change much. He warranty his work for the life of the plate. Unless you drop some sharp object and scratch the chrome then that the diffrent story. Also he will low down in the price if there more order on this. He sayed 10 percent will be lower down. It will take 2 weeks to be done. He say his employee doing the chrome by hand so it will take longer because doing by hand make the quality much better then machine. What you guys think about this? Cheaper then the three stores i found.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.