Acura World banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rice Admirer
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know from experience, what cars can a 99 TL-P beat repeatedly... one's maybe that think there the shiz, but not, like base mustang (0-60 in under 10 haha), millenia type S, etc.

I think we can do 0-60 in 7.2-7.4s

(damn you type-S'ers and your 6.3s :p)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I am assuming stock for stock. From experience (at least most of them):

civic
accords
preludes
celicas
camrys
es300/gs300/is300
e320/c230/c320 (close)
325/328/525/528
maxima (previous generations)
altima (all old and the new 2.5 but 3.5 auto will be close)
a4/a6 (close)
diamante/galant/eclipse
s40/s60
i30/i35/g20
...and a lot more that I can't remember right now.

But then again if any of these cars are modded then it will be a different story.;)

·
Rice Admirer
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
base 99tl can beat an IS300 and GS300... hmmmmm interesting.. thx

·
Registered
217 Posts
i beat my church friends 2001 maxima auto all the time, i get him right from the start, i know he power brakes to 2k rpms, ( i think that how high the car will let him), i whoop him pretty bad, i think there might be something wrong with his car, he races a lot n maybe he's F'ed up the engine o something...

·
Registered
47 Posts
evolaerok said:
Nothing is a sure beat as you don't know what the other person has in his car or the driver can be highly skilled in driving.
This is so true. Can stock 00 TL beat a pontiac GTP?

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Pawel said:

[/QUTE]

According to the specs yes... Wasn't there an invasion on the 'other' board of GTP guys in here? I test drove one and its nice... powerfull, but falling apart.

·
That is all.....
5,936 Posts
Pawel said:

TL-P?!? Hell nah! My brother had one and I often times had a tough time beating him. It's supercharged and with a upgraded pulley kit they can run high 13's. Yes it did fall apart in the end, but they are fast. My brother almost always had me off of the line, but in a rolling our cars are so much faster. Another big factor too is that I am way above sea level. Where N/A motors tend to lose alot of power.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.