Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
specially for those in west LA, santa monica, monterey park, etc... i have a question for you guys. how many of you actually debadge your rear?

the reason i ask is the other weekend i was in LA, and some guy has a abp tls live in my apt complex. he parks his car outside on the street, so i was curious and took a look.

everything was nice.... until i saw his trunk...... first, his type s emblem was gone. you can see a very clear bit scratch across where the emblem was, meaning that someone actually used a key or screw drive to take that thing off......

adding insult to injury, that's NOT the worst part...... his A emblem.... everyone knows that it's hard scrwed to the trunk.... well the guy who was trying to steal it probably didn' tknow, all i saw was couple of scratches across that area, and the emblem was GONE, and the parts where the two screws are were still intact!!! yeah you don't see the holes, you see some metal hanging there.......

damn this hurts...... this is scary....... i don't debadge my car coz' i like the way it looks. i drive back to LA from time to time so now i am really afraid...... thank god nothing happened to my car the first 2 weeks i got it (before i moved up to san jose).

oh yeah in case you wonder, i live around intersaction of 10 and 405

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
YEAH rominl,

we're living in the danger!!! :mhihi: :mhihi:

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dvsrice said:
yeah i got debadge after a night at my friends house i didn't notice it until in the morning. it sucks but i was lucky they didn't mark anything up.
oh man you are lucky

yeah it's horrible.... here in san jose it's much better probably coz' people here are better and there aren't as many ricers around. now i really have to think twice before driving down to LA @[email protected]

·
Registered
163 Posts
I debadged my 00 Accord when it was 3 days old and left just the "H" emblem on the trunk lid. Well, I went to Circuit City in Montebello just before Xmas last year, and boooom, it's gone. Sucks!

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
260 HP said:
I debadged my 00 Accord when it was 3 days old and left just the "H" emblem on the trunk lid. Well, I went to Circuit City in Montebello just before Xmas last year, and boooom, it's gone. Sucks!
oh wow they don't leave anything do they :(

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Now I am really nervous because I have INSPIRE 32V on the back.
:paronoid: :paronoid:

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
songoku said:
Now I am really nervous because I have INSPIRE 32V on the back.
:paronoid: :paronoid:
oh man i am not scaring you, but that's really danagerous :) it might be better in OC, but don't go to alhambra :)

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
rominl said:

oh man i am not scaring you, but that's really danagerous
Hey rominl,

good job. You DID it!!!!

:uhh::paronoid::uhh::paronoid::uhh::paronoid:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well, basically Alhambra, Monterey Park, Montebello, East LA (!!), going west, downtown LA and so on are pretty much well known for incidents like this.

Don't speed and turn up your stereo while cruising in Monterey Park area cuz the cops there will looove to pull you over and cite you for clear lights, illegal exhaust, lowered suspension, excessive music, license plate, and on and on and on. Boy, don't we love LA.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
260 HP said:
Well, basically Alhambra, Monterey Park, Montebello, East LA (!!), going west, downtown LA and so on are pretty much well known for incidents like this.

Don't speed and turn up your stereo while cruising in Monterey Park area cuz the cops there will looove to pull you over and cite you for clear lights, illegal exhaust, lowered suspension, excessive music, license plate, and on and on and on. Boy, don't we love LA.
i agree. i don't know what the hell is wrong with cops here in cali, they are so picky on stuff that doesn't affect the safety on the street that much. we are not gonna kill people without the front licence plate, and we are not gonna break the ground with our lowered car.... they are all so weird.

that's why whenever i am in cali, i would just put on my front licence plate.... i don't see any point in paying more taxes.

·
Registered
896 Posts
well i know about the front licence plate, the cops want them on so if you speed by one of those camera things at the lights they can find out who you are. But, with the lowering i don't know what gives i mean Ferreri and Lambo's are stock lowered and they don't bust them. maybe because they are worth like 200,000-300,000.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dvsrice said:
well i know about the front licence plate, the cops want them on so if you speed by one of those camera things at the lights they can find out who you are. But, with the lowering i don't know what gives i mean Ferreri and Lambo's are stock lowered and they don't bust them. maybe because they are worth like 200,000-300,000.
i guess you are right, there are still some reasons for the front licence plate (red light, speeding, etc etc...) but yeah, lowered cars?? maybe they are afraid that our underbody would scrap the road apart :)

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
rominl said:
maybe they are afraid that our underbody would scrap the road apart :)
That's probably the best reason I can think of. :mhihi: :mhihi:

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
and of course i won't agree. if you take a look on all those dips and bumps in the city, there are tons of scrap in the area right after them. what are the major causes for them? NOT us with lowered cars, but those idiots in bimmers and mb where they don't pay any attention to the road and just fly by those things at 40mph.......

i still remember one time, i was at the light. a girl driving a bimmer came flying out of the mall not seeing there is a HUGE dip. the bumper literally crash onto the ground and the next thing i remember was her parking to the side with her bumper on the grounf..... LOL

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think the concern behind (extremely) lowered cars is that their bumper will sink under the other car's in the event of accident, rendering the bumper useless as a safety part.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dvsrice said:
well if your extremely lower your car it will hard to turn anyway, so i think if you do that you deserve all the trouble you get.
umm i am not sure. all the high performance car out there they all have very tight steering wheel. just drive the is300 or the 330ci and you can feel it. the main reason is to give the driver better control of the car.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.