Acura World banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has this happened in your CLS b4?

I was at a light on the freeway onramp. When it turned green I must've depressed the pedal too hard or whatever because my tires were squealing (yes, I know stock tires always squeal anyways)... anyhow, my SRS light lit up for about a minute. Is this normal??

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
How many miles on your tires? I know mine got sooooo easy to squeal when they got up there in mileage. The SRS light? As in airbag? Hmmm. Mine never did that. Did you have a passenger?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uh, like 8,000 ish? No passenger... maybe a purse on the passenger side seat? The night before though I was on the 22E going on to the 55N (you know, where it kinda curves around b4 you actually hit the 55) and there were all of these big, sharp metal type brackets covering the ground. There were so many, it was unavoidable, I had to try and slowly and carefully drive over them. I checked my tires though, everything looked okay. So, is this not normal?? Should I be worried!? I'm scared now :wired:

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
Remember that the passenger's side airbag will deactivate and the SRS light will come on if it detects someone leaning against the door. So it could just be a faulty sensor. Also, the car kinda bucks and jerks when VSA is active so maybe its just a loose wire that got jiggled. Its probably nothing but the dealer can check the car's computer logs for anything unusual. Might be worth a trip for the piece of mind.

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
CL-S-Bo said:
The car has a computer log??? :eek: :dunno:
The computer tracks and logs certain things. Like when your gas cap is left off and the check engine light comes on. There's an interface between your seat heater controls where they plug into an download the codes. That's also how they catch dipshits who misshift, blow their engines, and try to get it fixed under warranty. The computer tells them them the peak rpm. So how did you manage to hit 14000 rpm? Hmmmmm.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Your purse probably did set off the SRS warning light.

I know my dealer told me not to put my briefcase or anything in the front seat or it could potential disable the passengar SRS and turn on the SRS light.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Big size isn't the problem. It's small - medium size.

The sensor disables the SRS to protect the passenger from a dangerous deployment of the side air bad. Such as a passenger sleeping against the door or a kid in the front seat (hence the warning to always put kids that can't use the shoulder belt correctly in the back).

The monitor and box would be big enough to have it think that it's a reasonable sized person. Where as a purse or a briefcase or such would make it think it's a small kid or animal.

I have no idea where the thresholds for the sensor are however.
Also this is coming from what I've read and talked about with my service guys. So take with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Small, but heavy purse due to all of the change that I never use. It has never set the light off before. What's funny is everytime my mom sits in the car she ALWAYS sets off the SRS light? :dunno:

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
CL-S-Bo said:
Small, but heavy purse due to all of the change that I never use. It has never set the light off before. What's funny is everytime my mom sits in the car she ALWAYS sets off the SRS light? :dunno:
Tell her to sit up straight. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.