Acura World banner

headers?

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Frostbite 
#1 ·
hey i want to buy a header for my EL

whats better for this car a 4-1 or 4-2-1
the 4-1 is stainless

#2 ·
stainless is better, cos it's lighter, n look prettier;)
n i prefer 421 style cos d16y8 doesn't have much low-mid range torque, i'd rather have more of that, n have more peak hp n less mid-range with 4-1 style
imo:)
btw where u from?
i'm interested at buying an header for my el as well

#3 ·
4-2-1 is better. You get constant power flow. 4-1 is more drag applications.

for stainless steal, I prefer ceramic. Only because of the heat transfer. Stainless will heat up faster and doesn't carry as much the heat away from your engine. So, you air intake takes in more hot air. A ceramic one keeps most hot exhaust gases from escaping, thus cooler engine.

What kind/brand of header are you getting? I've got a 4-2-1 DC Sports ceramic 1 piece on mine.

#4 ·
Frostbite said:
4-2-1 is better. You get constant power flow. 4-1 is more drag applications.

for stainless steal, I prefer ceramic. Only because of the heat transfer. Stainless will heat up faster and doesn't carry as much the heat away from your engine. So, you air intake takes in more hot air. A ceramic one keeps most hot exhaust gases from escaping, thus cooler engine.

What kind/brand of header are you getting? I've got a 4-2-1 DC Sports ceramic 1 piece on mine.
how do u like it?
i'm thinking of getting the same one?
impression?
what r ur mods?

#6 ·
1.6se said:

how do u like it?
i'm thinking of getting the same one?
impression?
what r ur mods?
I like the look, because its clean, smooth looking.
I like the power flow. There's no feel of lag or hesitation. Even if you drive at a lower gear you can still pull away. I mean I love it when I'm driving 60 in 4th gear and still pull away without down shifting.
I'm overall impressed with it.
As for mods....basic Intake, header, exhaust ...hehehe! :D :D

#7 ·
Frostbite said:

I like the look, because its clean, smooth looking.
I like the power flow. There's no feel of lag or hesitation. Even if you drive at a lower gear you can still pull away. I mean I love it when I'm driving 60 in 4th gear and still pull away without down shifting.
I'm overall impressed with it.
As for mods....basic Intake, header, exhaust ...hehehe! :D :D
cool:cool:
4th gear at 60 is around 2500rpm rite?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.