Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 TL that doesn’t have any heat. The blower is working but when I switch it to different speeds the air volume does not seem to change that much. There is a ticking from behind the dash in the glovebox area so I assume the blend door is not working. Could that cause a complete absence of heat?
Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a 2000 TL that doesn’t have any heat. The blower is working but when I switch it to different speeds the air volume does not seem to change that much. There is a ticking from behind the dash in the glovebox area so I assume the blend door is not working. Could that cause a complete absence of heat?
Thanks

Yes. Classic blend door motor failure symptoms. The ticking is the motor attempting to move the door. Typically a plastic gear has stripped. Seems to me iirc that Acura no longer makes this part. Probably an aftermarket motor will have to do.

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
3 Posts
Thanks
I have a 99TL since new: 22years. What I do is turn the heat up to max high after engine has been running for about minute or so. Then back it off to your desired temp 69 to 75 degrees or whatever you prefer. It works for me. See if works for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts