Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my problem is that my 97 3.2 TL has a problem with my climate control. I let my car heat up and then my heat may or may not come on, but if it does, it only stays on for a certain amount of time and then it turns from hot air to cold air. Then it may randomly go back to heat for a certain time and then back to cold air. I turned my climate control to 85 so that there is no way that my cab temperature is high enough to turn the cold air on.

Certain days I will drive for 30 minutes or more and the heat will never come on. I am baffled as to what could be wrong.

Other information that may or may not be relevant is that my car overheated over the summer and I replaced the thermometer. I also checked and I don't have a coolant leak.

Also, may or may not be relevant but my temperature gauge on the dash will randomly go to hot hot hot but nothing happens and then it just falls back to the middle. It only happens once in a while but I don't know if it may be related to this problem.

If anyone could help me out with this I would appreciate it.

Thanks

·
AW Detailing Wanker
16,287 Posts
It sounds like you have some air bubbles in the coolant. I bet if you bleed the system then you'll be golden.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts