Acura World banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The heated seats in my 2005 TSX have suddenly decided to stop working. I tried replacing the fuse, still no go. The light on the switch illuminates but the seats do not heat.

I usually keep them on HI when they are in use...should I have been using LO or starting on HI then switching to LO?

Any help is appreciated. TIA

· Nerd / Mod / Admin
7,363 Posts
Yep - sounds like the element is bad. Take it to your dealer and have them look at it.

· Upcoming Lexus IS250
546 Posts
Dealer!!!! Why are you wasting your own time with this?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know I can take it to the dealer. I was basically wondering if it'd be under warranty or not or if this was a common issue. How do you guys use the heated seats (if you do) - HI all the time or HI then LO? Thanks

· Registered
1,290 Posts
The way you use the heated seat is that you put it on HI until its hot to your liking and then set it to LO.

If you keep it on HI, it will cycle (meaning it will be turning itself on and off)

· NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,172 Posts
Adriana said:
I know I can take it to the dealer. I was basically wondering if it'd be under warranty or not or if this was a common issue. How do you guys use the heated seats (if you do) - HI all the time or HI then LO? Thanks
Your TSX is at most a year old, therefore it's still under warranty.

· Registered
2 Posts
Take it to a dealer??? You all are a bunch of lames!! Fix your own shit!! Less then $100 and a little bit of time Instead you wanna pay 10x the price to let someone do it who will also sell you on about 5 other components that "need replaced" but are working fine..... "Oh but their about to go out soon that need replaced". Wow. Instead of worrying about breaking a nail,. Get some dirt under them mffers you sorry excuse for a bunch of men!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts