Acura World banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up guys. Im just new to the board and im liking this place already. I have one question for you guys, how low is too low for you all:D? What's everybody dropped on?

TooLow

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
hey welcome to the forum TooLow :) nothing it too low here, hahhaha.......

j/k. for me as long as there are like 6 inches clearance i think it's accetable. i want the car to be lower but not too low for me to go to places i want. i have comptech springs and it gives the car pretty much a 2 inches drop. i still have 7 inches clearance in the front

·
Registered
369 Posts
I agree with rominl, but instead of comptech I have the eibach prokit which is an extremely similar drop to the comptech.:beerchug:

·
Registered
737 Posts
tooLow, im dropped on HandR's which is 1.75inches all the way around...if you have a body kit, its very hard to keep the front lip free from nicks...im very careful and 6inch ground clearance up front sometimes a little too low for me, but looks wise it could go lower...over all, i think its worth it to have a dropped car...Shyne:king:

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Welcome aboard!!

H&R OE will give you slight drop and both H&R SPORTS & COMPTECH will give you little bit more drop!!

If you get adjustable coilover, you're on your own!!!

:bigok:

·
Registered
16,149 Posts
TooLow said:
Hey whats up guys. Im just new to the board and im liking this place already. I have one question for you guys, how low is too low for you all:D? What's everybody dropped on?

TooLow
um...depends. i dunno how low I'm dropped because I've got coilovers, but i know that with my kit i have to be ULTRA CAREFUL or else i'll scrape over anything. oh yeah...that reminds me...i need to raise my car a half inch.

dude...get adjustable coilovers. 100% worth it.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Re: Re: Hello All TL fans!

ken2000ac said:

um...depends. i dunno how low I'm dropped because I've got coilovers, but i know that with my kit i have to be ULTRA CAREFUL or else i'll scrape over anything. oh yeah...that reminds me...i need to raise my car a half inch.

dude...get adjustable coilovers. 100% worth it.
That's what happened to me Ken. I lowered it too much with my Apexi Coilovers and I had to raise it up a little.:D Ahh, the beauty of coilovers.:bigok:

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
one word-coilovers

I think the coilovers are the best solution. It allows you to adjust the car for daily driving and when u want to go ultra low you can also. I like it when the car is low enuff and there isn't too much negative cambers on the wheels. when they stick out in an angle, it does look too silly to me. :)

LIL Raja

·
Registered
228 Posts
okay, im hearing all these positive things about coilovers. i have a 1st gen and i don't have the option of getting "a'pexi" or any of the cool brands. im stuck with SKUNK2 and ground control. some of the guys in the 1st gen board suggest getting shocks (koni's) along with the coilovers. any of you ground control people still use stock shocks?? i heard using stock shocks make your car squeeky or something. so hearing all this makes me think twice about ground controls and just getting eibach prokit. suggestions and experiences are appreciated...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.