Acura World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so for the two weeks before she broke down on me, my car was giving me a little trouble shifting gears. It would revv up just sometimes, but I took my foot completely off the gas and let the car settle down, and then I would press on the gas and she'd be fine. I was going to get it looked at when I had a few days to get my car in the shop, because it needed to put in anyway. Well, three weeks ago, I was driving somewhere and on my way there, I was holding a cup of water and my car jerked so bad that I spilled the whole thing. It only did it once but I was scared. So on my way home from that same place, I was getting onto I-95 and as I accelerated, it jerked again, but this time it didn't stop, I was on the interstate and couldn't pull over very easily. It jerked about 6 or 7 times in a row before I got to the shoulder, where my check engine light came on. Well, obviously I needed to check the engine. I got it towed to my shop and they informed me it was something internal going on with my transmission. I know the 2000-2001's have alot of tranny issues. But can anyone help me in being more specific to what I'm looking at? Problem-wise? And the repair costs? I'm a college student and am convinced that the shop will have my car for another year before I can pay them to get it out. Please help! I'm very frustrated.

·
Banned
30,092 Posts
Sounds to me like you bought a transmission.

Unfortunately, and as much as I love the Acura brand, with 2000-2004 TL w/Autos, the question isn't IF it fails, but WHEN.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts