Acura World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I am driving my boyfriends 2003 Acura RSX Type S for winter as my other car is parked, however I seem to be having some trouble with it that I've never had with it before.

1. I can't lock the doors with the fob anymore, it simply just doesn't work. neither of them. Batteries are new. This started about 3 months ago.

2. I CAN lock the door with the key, however, only for about 10-15 minutes. When I lock the door with the key, the red security light on the dash starts blinking, then about 15 minutes later the alarm goes off.. It NEVER used to blink, I've driven this car for 2 years now. This light started coming on when locked with a key about 2 weeks ago. I only noticed it when I parked it a couple weeks back at home and it was night out, the whole car lit up red and I knew it wasn't normal.

3. The "door open" light on the dash is always on when I'm driving, it's something to do with the hatch sensor. It's been like this for about 5 months now.

4. When I park the car, and remove the key, the green key light flashes about 4-5 times. I believe this has always happened, in the 2 years I've driven this car, but I could be wrong. I don't usually look at the dash when I park and get out to go to the store/home/work.

The main thing here is, I work in a city, I get groceries in a city, and lots of times I have my work laptop on me with a million confidential client files on it, and I need to be able to lock my car when I stop at the store without coming out every 10 minutes to walk to the car, unlock it with the key, then lock it again for only another 10-15 minutes..

If anybody has a way of fixing this or knows anything about it, please, please help :wavey:

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Sounds like a short in one of your door lock actuators, not totally uncommon. When in the car, and you press the automatic lock button, do both sides lock?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.