Acura World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a common issue with the RSX?

I bought mine new in 06' and it has never been in a wreck, but for about 2-3 years now the hatch back has been leaking water into the spare tire area from somewhere up above.

It's getting to the point where it stinks like mildew during the rainy season, and the windows fog up from the humidity before I let the car warm up on defrost.

The visible seals look good from what I can tell.

There's also condensation in the tail light covers.

Any help greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
The best way to trace any water leak is to dry the area thoroughly, then sprinkle baby powder all over the carpeted areas. Spray the heck out of the whole area with a hose, and the water trail from the leak will become evident in the baby powder.

·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The best way to trace any water leak is to dry the area thoroughly, then sprinkle baby powder all over the carpeted areas. Spray the heck out of the whole area with a hose, and the water trail from the leak will become evident in the baby powder.
Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The leak is likely due to deteriorating tail light gaskets. The gaskets are available from Acura. Replacement requires removal of the rear bumper cover in order to remove the tail lights. Clean the old gasket off of both surfaces and reassemble using the new gaskets.

I have replaced them twice on my 2002 RSX-S.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts