Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Getting a bit frustrated here getting bluetooth to pair!!!

2006 MDX w/ nav
My old phone paired perfectly with the MDX, but I can't get an iphone (both iphone 4 and 3GS tried) to pair with the car. (The iphones will pair with other headsets, so I know the problem is specific to connecting the iphone to the MDX.)

I go through the procedure....

"phone setup"
"pair"
"enter a code"
the iphone will "search" and find "handsfreelink". I put in the password.
the MDX responds "a phone has been found. give it a name". So far so good.

I attempt to give it a name (through the HFL) and that is the end. It never responds confirming the successful pairing!

When I go back to the top of the HFL menu, I do "phone setup" and then "list" and there is no mention of the iphone whose name I just spoke.

Can anyone help? Has anyone successfully paired an iphone 3GS or 4 with a second generation MDX (mine is a 2006).

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,

Getting a bit frustrated here getting bluetooth to pair!!!

2006 MDX w/ nav
My old phone paired perfectly with the MDX, but I can't get an iphone (both iphone 4 and 3GS tried) to pair with the car. (The iphones will pair with other headsets, so I know the problem is specific to connecting the iphone to the MDX.)

I go through the procedure....

"phone setup"
"pair"
"enter a code"
the iphone will "search" and find "handsfreelink". I put in the password.
the MDX responds "a phone has been found. give it a name". So far so good.

I attempt to give it a name (through the HFL) and that is the end. It never responds confirming the successful pairing!

When I go back to the top of the HFL menu, I do "phone setup" and then "list" and there is no mention of the iphone whose name I just spoke.

Can anyone help? Has anyone successfully paired an iphone 3GS or 4 with a second generation MDX (mine is a 2006).

Thanks!!!

I had similar problem couple of months ago on my 2005 MDX when I tried to pair it with Motorola Razr. Delete all the entries from the previous phone and try again. Mine got successfully paired after few attempts......sorry not few but a lot of attempts.... Good Luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem solved! Reporting here w/ the hope that it will save someone time in the future.

I re-tried bluetooth pairing with the car in "accessory on" mode. This time it successfully paired. Prior attempts were with the car / engine running (though in park).

Not sure why that made a difference, but it did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts