Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am wondering if anyone has any information on the reliability of an 06’-08’ Acura TL—tranny shudders, tranny failures— anything really. I had an 01’ TL and the tranny went. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
If they are not serviced as spec'd, you will have $3000 worth of tranny repairs to look forward to. Sounds like this one is headed to trouble if shifting is not smooth. There was a recall that modified the tranny software to reduce the shudder

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 2007 Type-S with 34,XXX miles on it and no problems with transmission at all. However, I do change the ATF with Honda ATF every 15,000 miles or twice thus far. My general thoughts are that if the transmission was part of routine or OEM recommended service to begin with, there shouldn't be any abnormal problems with it over the course of its life. This excludes the know issues with the Acura '01-'03 TL transmissions that Acura had to issue a TSB and extended warranty on. Those were problematic and Acura did all it could to initially evade owning up to the problem. I know the Acura dealer and their master mechanic here well and his thoughts run along what I'm passing on here. After 2008 until the TLX with a dual clutch transmission came out, their were 'normal' with proper maintenance. However, the first couple of years of the TLX's new dual clutch tranny saw a return of mainly software related problems that were manifested as transmission hardware issues. Updating the software at the dealer solved most of these early issues (my mother had an early 4 cylinder TLX with constant problems initially).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.