Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been loving my 2011 TSX - it's been a faithful little car and possesses all the features I want (6 speed manual, navigation, bluetooth audio, backup camera, etc.).

I've finally reached the point in my life/career where I can afford to buy a new car; however, I've only put 47k miles on my TSX and since it pretty much has everything I want/need (and since it's so hard to find new cars with a manual transmission), I figure it makes the most financial sense to spend less resources and make my TSX a vehicle I want to keep for the next 5+ years rather than buy a new car.

As I mentioned, my car is a 2011 TSX with a manual transmission and the tech package. The car is white pearl, and aside from the windows which have a light tint, is completely stock. I am looking to spend somewhere between 3 and 7 thousand on upgrading my TSX.

What kind of ideas can the community help me generate?

Currently I'm thinking a slight tune, new body kit, wheels, etc., but I am admittedly not very knowledgeable when it comes to cars, especially after-market modifications, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. If my idea is stupid and I should be focused on other things please don't hesitate to say so, you won't hurt my feelings.

Thanks in advance everyone!

· Registered
2 Posts
Was Up Big E you should check out spoilerking.net I just bought me a roof spoiler for my TL. Makes It look completely different. I was given a couple coupon codes for being a first time buyer. 15% off only on Acuras and Honda's Coupon Code (ACURAKING) only valid till tomorrow the 16th. Tell a friend have them use Coupon code (SLAYER10) FOR 10% OFF lowest price online. Valid till the 18th.

· Registered
1 Posts
A little late to the party. I have the exact same TSX -- 2011 6MT Tech in PWP over Ebony. Quite rare as TSX production was slowed due to the Japan tsunami/earthquake that year. It's also the last year you could get a 6MT with Tech package.

I would certainly hold onto the vehicle. You are not getting that much new features with a newer car, except for some safety features like blind-spot assist, LKAS, foward-collision warning, etc.

Here is what I would recommend to refresh your car. I like to keep my car looking as stock as possible, so I am not the one to give advice on wheels, spoilers, non-OEM body kits, and engine enhancements.

- OEM aluminum pedals (ordered from UK dealer -- much cheaper). A bit grippier but also very cool looking. Very easy install.

- Huper Optik ceramic tint. Will keep car cooler (less A/C load) and provide UV protection for you and your interior. I got it at 70 percent to keep the car as stock-looking as possible. You mentioned you got a light tint already. You can also put a clear tint on your windshield if your state allows it.

- Thinkware 750 Dashcam (for security and to record idiot drivers). It also has forward-collision and lane keep assist. I also got the rear view camera. It offers incident recording when the car is parked.

- Higher performance tires (like Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3).

- Lamin-X clear vinyl protectors for headlights and fog lights.

- Maybe a new short gearshift lever.

I decided not to touch the audio system as I think the head unit amp modifies the signal to the specfic frequency response of each crappy speaker and the sub. So you would need a summing device to bring back an unadultered signal to new speakers.

Wishing you many more years of driving a great car!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.