Acura World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on replacing the rear brake lines on my 2002 Acura TL type S.
I am trying to remove the covers #34 and #35 which cover the brake lines and fuel lines.

I cannot seem to separate the pipe clamps/ lines from the cover to get the cover off and leave the lines in place.,
I think they are #52 CLAMP, FUEL PIPE (91599S84A01)
I can remove the # 37 metal stay and bolt at the ends of the plastic covers and I can turn and
remove all the #51 CLIP, FUEL PIPE (91598S84A01).

How do I separate the pipes from the cover I don't want to deal with the fuel lines now and if I just pull the cover down enough to try to see how the pipes and clamps are held in I am afraid I will break something.

The numbers I am referencing are from the blow up parts diagram on acuraautomotiveparts DOT org
FUEL/FUEL PIPE for 2002 Acura TL

Thank You
Dan Geiger

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I may be wrong it looks like there are U-channels in the plastic covers and because the fuel lines have some corrosion they have expanded to cause a pressure fit in the U-channel. I tried using a screwdriver to pry the fuel lines and they seem to be releasing from the covers. I will work on this tomorrow if it is not raining as I am working outdoors.

Dan Geiger

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.