Acura World banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm new to all of this, but I really need help. I have 1998 Acura RL, I bought an iTrip FM transmitter that uses power from the cigarette lighter socket. When I plugged it in I did not notice there was a really small screw inside the socket so when I connected it, my stereo turned off completely. possible short? My navigation display still works and so does the heater and air display and buttons. I checked the BOSE stereo fuse, but that was fine. I disconnected the battery and hooked it back up, I wasn't expecting much to happen I was just desperate. So is this something I can do or should I take it in? I am moderately experienced with electronic internals, car electronics not so much. If I do have to take it in how much does this cost on average? Thanks for your help in advance.
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Top