Acura World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Community

1996 RL front pass. side door handle broke at one end. plastic handle failed and sheered off at the end facing front. the back end, at the lock, is still connected.

i have the door panel off, but cannot figure out how to remove the handle. i can manipulate the rod to move the hande in and out, not sure how to get the handle out. i'm stuck.

thanks

35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fixed the handle. You'll need good lighting for this. I used a couple LED flashlights.

Make sure the window is up. Remove the door panel. All you need to do here is remove the interior door panel, couple screws, plastic fasteners, and electrical clips. Get a stool. Sit on stool. Angel flashlights so that you can see the lock components. All of the lock components are assembled using stainless screws - except there is a single brass colored screw. That brass screw is the secret screw that holds on the external door handle. Door handle is just wedged in there so once the screw is removed, it just falls out. Easy to enough job once you get situated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.