Acura World banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
More horsepower, please?
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

I stumbled across my 2004 Acura TL nearly a week ago at my local dealership. I love it! It's so much nicer, and faster, than the 1985 Mercedes-Benz 500SEC AMG I owned until very recently.

My 'new' car:

2004 Acura TL
145K mi
Loaded, but no navigation
K&N engine and cabin filters

- Sam Deatherage

·
More horsepower, please?
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only bought the basic K&N filter for the engine. I would really like to modify the car. A replacement head-unit is scheduled to arrive Tuesday. I found a powered 12" Rockford Fosgate subwoofer on Amazon I'd like to install. It needs nice front seat covers. I had the power-lock system repaired today. No other plans, yet!

·
More horsepower, please?
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Holy Cow, this is a GREAT car!!!

It's fast enough, but I'd like more speed (I'm just that way). I discovered, through this forum, the best replacement exhaust for me.

It's the nicest car I've ever owned. I accidentally discovered how to open all the windows from driver's door lock yesterday. Wow!

I had to change jobs yesterday (more pay, better boss). My new job is about 45 min away. I don't mind!

stingertee, my wife is from Vegas!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Engine cooling system was invented in order to maintain this optimal temperature device mode in which the possible implementation of the movement of the car. As shown on the site Home - BuzzCars Not everyone knows that the inside of the cylinders, the temperature often rises even up to 200° c, although on average it ranges from 80 to 90° c. But whatever the case may be, without additional cooling system the "body" of the engine is unable to withstand such edgy glow. Even if the engine was in absolutely cold, after running it can in seconds to become very hot, which may result in malfunction of both its parts and cause deformation of the whole box engine. If we talk about the cooling system as a whole, it has two very important purpose: 1. Removal of heat from the engine, its machinery and parts, that helps to maintain a stable temperature, not harm. 2. Acceleration of the cold engine warm-up, which also plays a very important role in ensuring the workflow mechanisms. Despite the fact that during the lifetime of the vehicles was coined a lot of cooling systems, today most often applied liquid system. Its peculiarity lies in the fact that such a system is closed, so the fluid circulates through it as though, in the system of the expansion tank. Direct cooling of engine cylinders is carried out thanks to the cooling jacket of the block and of the cylinder head. This shirt consists of a very large number of channels through which circulates the coolant. Results in the movement of coolant pump centrifugal type. In effect, this pump is driven using a belt from the crankshaft pulley.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.