Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
looks pretty good..

which ones are those?

I see they have the normal 9005, 9005Xe, and 9005Xs..

I'm assuming you mean just the normal 9005Xs right? :D

Also, how bout some pics of the high beam housing when they are off? I wanna see how blue they are.. :)

I also noticed they have colored bulbs as well.. Yellow bulbs would be awesome for the fogs (if I had any) and some purple ones would looks different in the highs.. :eek:

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Re: BULBS

edgalang said:
Eaglite 9005 100w $17.49 pr.
Eaglite 9006 80w $17.49 pr.
Eaglite 1157 27/8w Superwhite Bulbs 6.99 pr.

These are ok cuz they still emit white light...but purple might get you in trouble.
hey edgalang, so your car is all done now?

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
and those lights are tight! btw, i believe our stock fogs are 51W only, and that's what in the manual as well.

i still dunno if i should change my high beam coz' i dont' think i will use it that often

·
Registered
737 Posts
they look good, but when you change the high beams you can definately tell the light isnt the same...almost emits a green hue at night compared 4200K HID...look better in tha day time...I actually thought my halogen bulbs were brighter than these at any rate...Shyne:king:

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
edgalang:
jyang411 has the showoff kryptons...they're a dead on perfect match...and I don't believe they run at that high a wattage...and he got them for $20.

Austin519

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
162 Posts
Re: BULBS

edgalang said:
Eaglite 9005 100w $17.49 pr.
Eaglite 9006 80w $17.49 pr.
Eaglite 1157 27/8w Superwhite Bulbs 6.99 pr.

These are ok cuz they still emit white light...but purple might get you in trouble.
hey ernest~~
you like those blue hues in your headlights?

·
Purchased: April 28, 2001
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Re: BULBS

VeiLsTyleZ said:

hey ernest~~
you like those blue hues in your headlights?

The corner ones were ok....I still have to get used to the highbeams though. Since my headlights were going to be replaced anyways...I figure I might as well spend $20 bucks and save the trouble of installing them myself.

·
Registered
114 Posts
showoff kryptons are excellent..i haven't had any trouble with them burning my wiring harnesses yet.... austin will attest to them..that they are the brightest....

actually, they burn at quite a high voltage..but i believe they're worth it..if u run them... about 3/4 of the time that u're running ur HID's... hey..i run them 100% of the time and have had no problems yet.

still worth it for $20 a pop. =D

-jyang411

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
edgalang:
Jason's showoff kryptons look better than that, no offense :)

Austin519

·
Purchased: April 28, 2001
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Austin519 said:
edgalang:
Jason's showoff kryptons look better than that, no offense :)

Austin519
None taken...but then again I haven't seen ANY pics of this "better" bulbs you keep yaking about. Either way, these were the very same bulbs that Road Rage recommended long time ago. And again...so far these are the closest bulbs I've ever seen that match our stock HIDs.

P.S.
UH...I forget...did I ever ask? :thefinger

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.