Acura World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I forgot to mention but on Sunday I hit my longest drive ever in a round of golf. The hole is 377yds to the pin from the back tees and there was about a 5-7 mph wind over my right shoulder and I typically hit a draw so that set up perfect also I really wanted to crush the shit out of it and get close to chip and put and make birdie. Also had to clear a tree 300 yds out. So I swung the hardest I ever swung at a ball and expected to fuck it up and make bogey but just caught the ball perfect and it fucking took off. Anyhow to the front of the green it was 361yds and I was 8 yds off the green,. tees were about 2-3 yds up from 377 marker.

So the drive was about 349-351 yds. with a 5-7 mph wind at my back. No wind maybe it would have gone 337-340. it landed just over the tree out about 295-300 and rolled about 50 yds, It was sweet.

BTW my avg drive is about 290-300,.

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW shot 36-41

Fucked up that back nine, my back was killing, pracitced too much and worked out too much the day before.

·
I WANT YOU!
5,787 Posts
My longest drive is 367 yards (with a 2-wood) on a 389-yard par 4. The course was in CA and teebox was elevated about 50 feet. I also has a little help from the wind. My average drives with my 2-wood are around 275 or so (I don't carry a driver, don't need to).

·
baby polar bear
1,755 Posts
I use my 5-wood mostly as my driver...I can't seem to hit anything higher than that :dunno:

But I have gotten quite good with it, and my average drive is between 280-290 yds.

My best drive was on a course in San Antonio with my uncle, who has played for many years and is a scratch golfer. I out drove him on this 515 yd par 5, he hits his 2-wood and had a nice 310 yd drive, and I hit my 5-wood, which btw he gave me, and was 25 yds farther than him, so about 335 yds. This hole was mean, and had a severe slope in the fairway down to the left.

It was fun, but I haven't ever been able to hit one farther than that yet....maybe if I could learn to use a driver or 2-wood ;)

:D

·
I WANT YOU!
5,787 Posts
avengerjr said:
I use my 5-wood mostly as my driver...I can't seem to hit anything higher than that :dunno:

But I have gotten quite good with it, and my average drive is between 280-290 yds.

My best drive was on a course in San Antonio with my uncle, who has played for many years and is a scratch golfer. I out drove him on this 515 yd par 5, he hits his 2-wood and had a nice 310 yd drive, and I hit my 5-wood, which btw he gave me, and was 25 yds farther than him, so about 335 yds. This hole was mean, and had a severe slope in the fairway down to the left.

It was fun, but I haven't ever been able to hit one farther than that yet....maybe if I could learn to use a driver or 2-wood ;)

How in the world can you "avg" 280-290 with a 5-wood?! I carry a 4-wood and avg about 230-240 with it, which is pretty good.

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Wyle E. Coyote said:

How in the world can you "avg" 280-290 with a 5-wood?! I carry a 4-wood and avg about 230-240 with it, which is pretty good.

Because companies have little tricks... they might make their loft lower than another companies 4 wood... so you think you're hotting it further because their clubs are so much better. There should be a degree value on the bottom.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
I usually use my 9 iron and go for a few hours w/ that....

Oh wait, we're talking about golf? errr... :D

·
baby polar bear
1,755 Posts
Wyle E. Coyote said:

well like I said, when I started it was the best club that I could use, and I have used it ever since for over 6 years now.

It is an actual 'wood' too, none of this steel or graphite or shit like that, it is not a 'metal wood'

;)

So yeah, I crush the shit out of it :)

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
I can't drive the ball for shit, but my short game is ok

·
I WANT YOU!
5,787 Posts
avengerjr said:

well like I said, when I started it was the best club that I could use, and I have used it ever since for over 6 years now.

It is an actual 'wood' too, none of this steel or graphite or shit like that, it is not a 'metal wood'

;)

So yeah, I crush the shit out of it :)
I hate titanium! My woods are steel. I just replaced my old 1989 TaylorMade Tour Brassie (steel 2-wood) with a new TaylorMade 200 Series steel 2-wood with a steel rifle shaft.

I am still using my 1990 TaylorMade steel 4-wood. I love the smaller-headed steel woods, but this new 2-wood of mine is very sweet!

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
avengerjr said:

I got to see this man, Cause most pros can't pump at 5 wood over 260.

·
baby polar bear
1,755 Posts
pgatour1 said:

I got to see this man, Cause most pros can't pump at 5 wood over 260.
That is what I know, I can't explain it :dunno:

My uncle was like :wtf: when I out drove him with his own club that he had given me ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts