Acura World banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some mufflers about 2 weeks ago but the people said they are on backorder so i said forget it, I don't want them anymore. I decided to get HKS (like I had originally planned) but I want to know if anyone knows a place to get it for cheaper than acp.com? If this is the cheapest price then I will get it from there. I searched on yahoo and google but couldn't find anything. I plan on ordering today or tomorrow. Any help will be appreciated:cool:

THANKS!

·
Purchased: April 28, 2001
1,440 Posts
Found some that are $20 cheaper than ACP...but they'll gouge you on the shipping...like $50.

As for exhausts...ACP seems to be pretty good in terms of price (unless you have further hookups...ask Tim if the cost of being a member will be less than the savings you get from the discounts...I ordered mine too early, so I didn't get any discounts :cry: ). I was looking into this yesterday and you pretty much only have 3 options for exhausts if you dont plan on any type of hanger modifications.

Comptech
HKS
Thermal R&D

All the catbacks require some hanger modification.

Reason why I DID NOT go for HKS is

#1 HKS is the second choice after comptech (in popularity) yet it is not even 100% stainless steel. :dunno: Read up on people with other cars saying that their HKS setup is rusting. But...I doubt you drive in salt roads very often so it may not be an issue.

#2 I was concerned about noise & clearance isues and wanted to keep the tip diameter as conservative as possible.

#3 Apperantly like Shyne said, you'll eventually burn off the rear lip if you have a bodykit.

#4 With the repairs you would spend on lenghtening the HKS...it would almost be better to get a more expensive axleback instead (Comptech anyone?). I went with Thermal and decided to risk it. My only complaints? Well...for starters it's oval so it doesnt follow the rear lip curve anymore. If later I find out that I would have to lenghten mine...then I'd be pissed cuz I would of gotten the Comptech's instead.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for ur reply. I would go with comptech but the tips are wayyyy too small, and they don't sound like an aftermarket exhaust should. Yes I have a body kit, so I'll have to take it to the shop to get it extended. Anyone know how much this will cost?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ElegantTL-S said:
want exhaust? i'll get you the HKS axle back! How much have you been quoted for ?
check ur PM:beerchug:

·
Registered
737 Posts
ahh its so worth it to get it lengthened...tell them to make it flush w/tha rear...past the bumper is country boy hillbilly action to me:D...anyways, the finish is one of the best ive seen on an exhaust and its JDM quality...Shyne:king:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Shyne said:
ahh its so worth it to get it lengthened...tell them to make it flush w/tha rear...past the bumper is country boy hillbilly action to me:D...anyways, the finish is one of the best ive seen on an exhaust and its JDM quality...Shyne:king:
yes..JDM quality indeed...afterall....HKS is from Japan. :bigok:

man shyne, your car looks clean..and your neighborhood looks TIGHT! looks soooo peaceful and clean and quiet.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shyne said:
how much did the muffler shop charge you to extend the tips?

·
Registered
737 Posts
50 bucks...But i tipped the guy working on my car an extra 10$ cuz he seemed like he did good work and he washed his hands before he got in my car:D...I hate dirty mechanics who get in my car with greasy ass hands and clothes...Im like wtf, is this dude about to drive my baby:rolleyes:...It shouldn't be much more than 50 to lengthen it and they look and sound a hell of a lot better than comptech...Shyne:king:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shyne said:
50 bucks...But i tipped the guy working on my car an extra 10$ cuz he seemed like he did good work and he washed his hands before he got in my car:D...I hate dirty mechanics who get in my car with greasy ass hands and clothes...Im like wtf, is this dude about to drive my baby:rolleyes:...It shouldn't be much more than 50 to lengthen it and they look and sound a hell of a lot better than comptech...Shyne:king:
:thumbsup: thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.