Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
SO you didn't like the Greddy MX catback?? Why, may I ask?

I don remember who it was but I met this guy with HKS Dragger axle back at the meet (while back) and he let me hear it... it wasn't loud at all. I think Comptech would be slightly louder.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's up man. Remember me? It's ElegantTL-S. I met you at the new years meet as well. Don't you have the Comptech exhaust?

The reason I didn't like the GReddy MX is mainly cause I guess the sound isn't to my taste anymore. i prefer a more quiter exhaust. but the looks of the greddy is awesome. But the sound is just too much for me. I'm getting old (mentally) in the car scene. :D

I remember that guy with the HKS, but I couldv'e sworn I heard NOTHING coming out of that exhaust. :wired: :dunno:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yuuichi said:
What's up man. Remember me? It's ElegantTL-S. I met you at the new years meet as well. Don't you have the Comptech exhaust?

I remember that guy with the HKS, but I couldv'e sworn I heard NOTHING coming out of that exhaust. :wired: :dunno:
Oh.... hey man. U changed your screen name... I didn't recognize. :D

I still have Comptechs... I'm thinkin of getting Greddy Evo's.

and yeah... that's what I am saying. HIS HKS were quiet as hell.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SLVR TL said:

Oh.... hey man. U changed your screen name... I didn't recognize. :D

I still have Comptechs... I'm thinkin of getting Greddy Evo's.

and yeah... that's what I am saying. HIS HKS were quiet as hell.
haha, yep, I changed my name. :)

Why the change in exhaust? If you want the EVO's...the MX's sound level and noise is the same. If you interested, you can come check it out. BTW, i was in Torrance yesterday. :D

Yeah, it was sooooo quiet! I didn't even hear shiAt! But that's a good thing for me. :D

I would like to check out your comptechs. Do you have time? PM me.

·
Registered
737 Posts
yuuichi, i have the HKS you know that man...if you want more pix, just pm me...im sure everyone is really tired of me posting the same picture over and over...but yea, they rock and they are not loud at all...also, they really dont drone at all...HKS rocks...Shyne:king:

Attachments

·
Registered
376 Posts
So the HKS dragger is quite?? I'm really interesting about getting a HKS exhaust but I'm not sure if HKS is quiter than Greddy? please give me a update about the informations.
:) :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
HKS is waaaaaaayyyyyyy quieter than Greddy...Greddy is obnoxiously loud...HKS has a nice sporty yet refined growl...Its awesome and sometimes you wont even know its there...trust me, youll probably thank me later...Shyne:king:

Attachments

·
Jack This
2,318 Posts
I remember someone from the ACL board was selling their HKS. I don't remember hearing the sound, but Mayur (DVS) has the Tanabe and I thought they sound really nice. They seemed to be really quiet as well.
:dunno:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmmm...the HKS sounds very good right now. But I still need to hear it first. how much you pay for yours Shyne? also, i tried PM'in you, ur box is full. I want more pics playa. [email protected] :)

BTW James, I got your e-mail. I'll reply to you soon. Just wanted to let you know the ww pieces have been ordered. :bigok:

Also, Mayur's exhaust is actually pretty loud. esp on the interior. I can hear him acclerate while i'm on the phone with him.

·
Registered
737 Posts
the tanabe hyper medallions sound good because they are a cat-back setup...cat back is going to sound better than axle back all day...the tanabe's dont bling like the HKS...also the tip is too large for the body of the exhaust...call me biased but the HKS is perrrrfect for the TL if you get them cut and extended like a true player:D...Shyne:king:

·
Jack This
2,318 Posts
Yuuichi said:
BTW James, I got your e-mail. I'll reply to you soon. Just wanted to let you know the ww pieces have been ordered. :bigok:
You're the man! :thumbsup:

Also, Mayur's exhaust is actually pretty loud. esp on the interior. I can hear him acclerate while i'm on the phone with him.
Well there you go, I've only seen his car once. If you can hear it when on the phone with him......ugh...no good.

Shyne said:
call me biased but the HKS is perrrrfect for the TL if you get them cut and extended like a true player:D...Shyne:king:
play on playa

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Shyne said:
the tanabe hyper medallions sound good because they are a cat-back setup...cat back is going to sound better than axle back all day...the tanabe's dont bling like the HKS...also the tip is too large for the body of the exhaust...call me biased but the HKS is perrrrfect for the TL if you get them cut and extended like a true player:D...Shyne:king:
so what part needed to be cut and extended? original middle pipe?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
baggsTLS said:

You're the man! :thumbsup:

Well there you go, I've only seen his car once. If you can hear it when on the phone with him......ugh...no good.

play on playa
hehe, yeah! I'll let you know if it'll arrive by this Saturday! hopefully! yeah, you can hear his exhaust on the phone! :eek:

·
Registered
737 Posts
if you picture the pipe on the back of the exhaust...its in the shape of a side ways "J"...the exhaust should be cut right where the bottom of the "J" starts and lengthened in order to bring the exhaust flush with the rear skirt...if you dont have a kit its not neccessary, but since you do you need to do this for looks and preservation of your kit...Shyne:king:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Shyne said:
if you picture the pipe on the back of the exhaust...its in the shape of a side ways "J"...the exhaust should be cut right where the bottom of the "J" starts and lengthened in order to bring the exhaust flush with the rear skirt...if you dont have a kit its not neccessary, but since you do you need to do this for looks and preservation of your kit...Shyne:king:
ahh, i know whatcha talking about. basically extend the center pipe to push it out. sweet. now..if only I can find a sound file for this exhaust. :D more pics playa!!!! e-mail mee!

·
Registered
737 Posts
wait a couple days...ill have my lowenharts on and ill shine up my exhaust real good...show you what a real show car looks like:D...my car is going to be officially "off tha chain" after my tranny and my brakes get fixed...Shyne:king:

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Shyne said:
wait a couple days...ill have my lowenharts on and ill shine up my exhaust real good...show you what a real show car looks like:D...my car is going to be officially "off tha chain" after my tranny and my brakes get fixed...Shyne:king:
Let's see what a real show car looks like!! :bigok:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.