1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
97 Posts
Being fairly well connected in the Honda drag racing scene, I can tell you that stock Honda oil pumps are VERY strong. The pumps on the B-series 4-cylinders don't tend to grenade until around 700hp, but I don't think that's a factor for many of us.

Not to mention the fact that the installation of this would be well beyond of the capability of most people.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RAdams:
All I needed to hear :)

Austin519

·
1,959 Posts
Austin519 said:
RAdams:
All I needed to hear :)

Austin519
OK, so when are you gonna do this mod? :D

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
patrick:
Heh once I rebuild the tranny :). RAdams is right...I can't just go in and DIY this...

Austin519

·
Registered
385 Posts
Austin519 said:
RAdams is right...I can't just go in and DIY this...

Austin519
Whoa, you sure about that man? You feeling ok?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bebber:
Shit...I must've been totally drunk :) What am I thinking. You roll your eyes son...but you wait :D. See if I can't have a hand in porting and polishing my engine and rebuilding my tranny...

Austin519

·
Registered
97 Posts
Head porting and polishing isn't all that hard, per se. The real trick is knowing what material to remove, and how much. If you're just port-matching the intake and/or exhaust ports and their respective manifolds to the gaskets, I'd be curious to see what gains result. Keep us posted for sure.

Also -- I wouldn't wish rebuilding an auto tranny on my worst enemy.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RAdams:
<shrug> We'll see :D. I may as well put my engineering degree to use...just because I'm comp e doesn't mean I don't have a mech e in me trying to get out :). I will definitely keep you posted...hell look at my website...it's always updated :D

Austin519

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.