Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16,149 Posts
WOW.

oh. my. lord.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek::eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek::eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek::eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

is that coming to the states this year? I've heard nothing about it???? it's amazing....the only bad thing about it is that I can't afford it. :bigcry:

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Very nice, makes me want to shift my sights from a 993TT possibly. That is tremendous bang for the buck. I don't think they will be able to make them fast enough, that's for sure. I also think that they will sell like many German cars, way the hell above that 53K figure. I bet people will be buying others contracts at 60K easily for one of those. Way to go Honda, and that leads me to my profound statement for the day:

Just imagine how good the NSX is gonna be!!! There's no way Honda will let it play second fiddle.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
tabraha said:

Just imagine how good the NSX is gonna be!!! There's no way Honda will let it play second fiddle.

If they even continue the NSX... We've been hearing rumors about this godlike V8 that is probably not even in the prototype stages yet. In all honesty, I don't see the next NSX being anything that great, possibly even a 4cyl. Maybe even an Acura branded S2000. For somethign that costs upwards of $40,000 it better be an 8.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Isn't the Pilot going to be offered with a V8? That's the same approach Toyota did. V8 in truck, then SUV and Luxury Sedans, then sports cars.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tabraha said:
Very nice, makes me want to shift my sights from a 993TT possibly. That is tremendous bang for the buck. I don't think they will be able to make them fast enough, that's for sure. I also think that they will sell like many German cars, way the hell above that 53K figure. I bet people will be buying others contracts at 60K easily for one of those. Way to go Honda, and that leads me to my profound statement for the day:

why do you not think this car can be that fast enough. If you read the article you will see it's 6 cylinder and will also use special materials to lower the overall weight. With that much more power and light body it is quiet possible to hit those number. 4.1 is within it's reach and I am pretty darn sure this will make it in to the United States very soon.

LIL raja

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
FUCKING UNBELIEVEABLE!!!:eek: :bigok: :bow:

Acceleration
Time to speed seconds
0-30 mph 1.5
0-40 mph 2.5
0-50 mph 3.1
0-60 mph 4.1
0-70 mph 5.5
0-80 mph 6.8
0-90 mph 9.1
0-100 mph 10.6
Time to distance
0-100 ft 2.6
0-500 ft 6.5
0-900 ft 9.4
0-1320 ft 12.8 @ 111.7 mph

Which makes me wonder, what is Honda going to do for the forthcoming reworked NSX? The original was an engineering marvel, but frankly overweight. To justify an asking price presumably 50% higher than that of the S2000R, Honda is going to have to produce a rolling miracle. Alternatively, the NSX may become more of a luxury sports car, and leave the bleeding-knuckle crowd to its new lighter and more furious stablemate.

Damn, an M3 and M5 killer from Honda! What is this world coming to?!!:D We are talking about close to super exotic sport cars times. Even the new Lambo Murcielago can only manage a 3.8 0-60 with close to a 600 hp engine.

Since it looks like Japan is finally getting over the 280 hp limit, the sky is the limit now. Imagine, the RSX/RSX-S in the 200-300 hp range, TL/CL/TL-S/CL-S and MDX in the 300-400 hp range, the RL in the 400-500 hp range, the NSX in the 500-600 hp range, and all are AWD or RWD!:bow: Ok, I think I am getting a little too happy here.:rofl:

·
That is all.....
5,936 Posts
wow inline 6!?!? Guys can you see it!?!? I see this as a start for the Acura 3series and IS300 fighter. Not the expensive chassis components, but the drivetrain, the engine, and the transmission.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
LIL RAJA said:

why do you not think this car can be that fast enough. If you read the article you will see it's 6 cylinder and will also use special materials to lower the overall weight. With that much more power and light body it is quiet possible to hit those number. 4.1 is within it's reach and I am pretty darn sure this will make it in to the United States very soon.

LIL raja
I said I don't think they will be able to build them fast enough. Oh I agree with you, I believe it will be what they claim it to be.:beerchug:

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
LMAO, I went through the family album too Hatt. The story definitely looses its credibility after that. But hey, do they look like they would lie?

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i am having doubts too on this article. On various board (s2000) they are saying this is a hoax. But I hope it's true. it would be so nice. The nsx is more of an exotic with looks and performance.

LIL raja

·
Registered
315 Posts
holy shit!!!

this is a crazy one...

hope they will not put this into S2000 only....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.