Acura World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do i change the tweeters out frmo the dash? or do i just leave them in there and rewire the new tweeters else where? cause it seems like theres no way out for those things unless you pull the whole dash and cluster out.

·
The Cisco Kid
7,538 Posts
how do i change the tweeters out frmo the dash? or do i just leave them in there and rewire the new tweeters else where? cause it seems like theres no way out for those things unless you pull the whole dash and cluster out.
I have no idea but why do you want to change the tweeters? Are they busted?

·
-=*M2V4P*=-
17,764 Posts
wow, not sure about that.

but why change those tweeters? the sound quality on those are great! bose tweeters! why not just add the new ones?

i don't see the point why, unless, their busted.

·
Teh Danger Ranger
26,625 Posts
dunno how accurate this is, but i hear its better to just replace the door speakers with speakers that have the tweeters built in.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have no idea how your car is constructed, but I am a sound guy. If you're replacing the stock speakers (6.5" or whatever) go for a component set - IF you have a amp to power them!!! Factory systems are built for the weak stock head unit - aftermarket speakers/components especially just won't be worth it unless you have the amp. If you under power the speakers (like using a stock 45x4 deck to power some 70w RMS speakers) don't expect any sound quality whatsoever, and DO expect to be replacing both components if you turn up the volume anything past just barely audible.

As far as mounting - it'd be slick to use the stock location, but in reality you don't really want the tweeter more than 6-12" away from the main woofer (6.5") if you can help it (going further away messes up the sound image).

Also, verify how the stock ones are powered - do they run off a factory amp? are they just tied into the speaker wires? do they have a separate lead to the deck? Unfortunatly, electricity is picky. If you don't wire it right, you'll drop the ohm load in half and fry the deck. If you double the ohm load, you'll just cut power in half --which is "safer" but still just lame. So I guess check the book or search and see all the specs for you ride and purchase accordingly.

Rock on!

·
73 Posts
The Bose systems have their amps located at the speakers and they are not compatible with other speakers. If you wanted to remove the stock speakers and replace them with aftermarket speakers you would need to make other arrangements as well to power them.

·
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh i was just wanted to get more tweeters because i have a 12 inch alpine type r and i dont have enough highs. i just wanted some more sound quality. im still on the stock headunit, but am going to change it out soon.

·
Moderatus Emeriti
22,190 Posts
Not True In the RSX

The Bose systems have their amps located at the speakers and they are not compatible with other speakers. If you wanted to remove the stock speakers and replace them with aftermarket speakers you would need to make other arrangements as well to power them.
The shop manual for the 2006 RSX S-type shows the amp for the front dash mounted tweeters, door mount speakers and rear speakers as being mounted under the passenger's seat. I know most of the American Bose systems use amps attached to the speakers, but according to my friend from Bose, the Acura's door speakers didn't have enough room behind them to mount the amps there. The Acura subwoofer amp is mounted within the subwoofer enclosure which sits within the spare tire.

I'm getting ready to pull the Bose components and put my own in to make a good sounding system sound killer. In taking to the installer (who has already done a bunch of RSXs) the entire interior comes out to install all the components he's installing (Alpine head unit and 5.1 EQ; Zapco 6 channel amp; 12 CD changer; Dynaudio components and crossovers for the front & rear & Alumapro 12" sub in 1 cu ft enclosure). I'll be posting results once everything is in as well as posting the stock Bose system components. Stay tuned.

Nikon1

·
Registered
3 Posts
2003 acura rsx front component speakers.

Lol, no one even answered the original Question.

The tweeters pop out of the dash quite easily with a tiny screwdriver about 4-5 inches long. You can small slot if you look from above. (You will have to go look through your windshield from outside your car if you dont know what I mean)

To run new speaker wire for the tweeter, you would probably just use a wire coat hanger (thick) or a professional tool, and put the wire through the top of the hole and work your way down if you can...............when the hanger gets to the bottom (near your floor mat) you can attach the speaker wire using electrical tape and pull the wire back through.

The 6.5 door speakers are hard to install. I heard that 5 1/4's fit better. The 6 1/2's fit but require modification. The stock speakers come mounted and fully bound to a strange plastic and metal bracket and the hole in the door definitely does not fit a 6 1/2.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you ever end up posting that install?

I just completed my install last night. 2 amps, 2 sets of components (front and rear, 10 inch sub.

It was quite a lot of work but very worth it. The car went back together fairly easy........

I would love to know how you did it all. I's scared that I did a hack job....lol.

The shop manual for the 2006 RSX S-type shows the amp for the front dash mounted tweeters, door mount speakers and rear speakers as being mounted under the passenger's seat. I know most of the American Bose systems use amps attached to the speakers, but according to my friend from Bose, the Acura's door speakers didn't have enough room behind them to mount the amps there. The Acura subwoofer amp is mounted within the subwoofer enclosure which sits within the spare tire.

I'm getting ready to pull the Bose components and put my own in to make a good sounding system sound killer. In taking to the installer (who has already done a bunch of RSXs) the entire interior comes out to install all the components he's installing (Alpine head unit and 5.1 EQ; Zapco 6 channel amp; 12 CD changer; Dynaudio components and crossovers for the front & rear & Alumapro 12" sub in 1 cu ft enclosure). I'll be posting results once everything is in as well as posting the stock Bose system components. Stay tuned.

Nikon1

·
Registered
1 Posts
2003 acura rsx front component speakers.

Lol, no one even answered the original Question.

The tweeters pop out of the dash quite easily with a tiny screwdriver about 4-5 inches long. You can small slot if you look from above. (You will have to go look through your windshield from outside your car if you dont know what I mean)

To run new speaker wire for the tweeter, you would probably just use a wire coat hanger (thick) or a professional tool, and put the wire through the top of the hole and work your way down if you can...............when the hanger gets to the bottom (near your floor mat) you can attach the speaker wire using electrical tape and pull the wire back through.

The 6.5 door speakers are hard to install. I heard that 5 1/4's fit better. The 6 1/2's fit but require modification. The stock speakers come mounted and fully bound to a strange plastic and metal bracket and the hole in the door definitely does not fit a 6 1/2.
LMFAOOOO THAAAAANK YOU I'm reading all this like nice input.. oh wait don't know how to?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts