Acura World banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
After that, you will have to push it up towards the roof semi-hard. And be careful because there will be a metal piece sticking out from the bottom that could scratch your other leather seats.:cool:

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
162 Posts
Crazy_AcurA said:
I know there are bolts (10mm?) in the rear.. but where are they located? Anything else to help to take it out? :)
You'll need a 10mm socket with a ratchet extension to reach the bolts beneath the seat bottom. Ready?

If you're facing the back window, there is a bolt at the right side of the armrest (between the seat back and seat bottom) Spread the seat bottom and back with your hand and you'll see it bolted to the metal floor of your TL. That bolt is holding a little metal arm - remove that bolt. Now pull up on the front parts of the seat bottom and pop the 2 clips that are holding the seat bottom (1 clip in front of left & right side). IMPORTANT: Make sure you remove the bottom of the seat before the back or you'll scratch your leather with the metal parts of the seat back!!! Pull the seat bottom out of the car and remove the 3 remaining 10mm bolts that are holding the seat back to the floor. See those 2 big metal tabs on the bottom? Careful you don't scratch your paint when you take that out of the TL.
Now take the seat belts and swing them around so that they're behind the seat back. Push up on the whole seat back - towards the ceiling - to remove the 4 large clips that are holding the seat back to the rear deck. This is the hardest part! Just take your time! Pull the back out of the car and you'll see your trunk and your sub amp behind the right side seat. Let me know if you need anything else buddy!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The rear seat bottom has to come off first. There is one 10mm bolt just to the right (as you are facing out the rear window) of the trunk hatch/center arm rest. Once this is removed, pull up on the front of the seat and 2 tabs will release and it will be loose to remove. To remove the rear seat back, there are a total of 4 bolts all in the same plane as each other near where the seat belts bolt to the floor. This includes the one bolt you just removed for the seat bottom. For the other 3, there is one at each end of the seat back and one to the left of the center arm rest. After these are removed you lift the back upward. There are 3 tabs on top that hold it in place. This won't be easy, but it will come if you keep working at it. Take care in removing from the car so you don't scratch anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the info on how to remove the rear seat cushions, as I just finished replacing the rear struts on my 83 year old mother in law's TL-S. Without this information it would have been harder than it already was, as the lower seat cushion bolt is very obscure and buried under the cushion. I found that when putting the bolt back, it was easiest to wedge a flashlight into the area, thus giving light as well as spreading the cushions apart at the same time. The upper cushion is not easy to remove, especially with a 13 year old car with +230,000 miles. I used a crowbar (carefully) as a lever to push upward to dislodge the metal tabs from the plastic inserts; on reassembly I put the plastic inserts in the body panel first, then sprayed them with silicone; it went together much easier than it came apart!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.