1. Remove the plastic cover in the pic below by removing the tabs labeled 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and the small tabs labeled L1 and L2. Remove the cover and place it aside. You will notice that 3 of the pastic tabs are longer than the rest. The longer ones belong in the 1,2,3 positions. Remember to put those back in those spots.
2. Once the plastic cover is removed, you will notice two more plastic tabs that are anchored to the metal of the car and the front grille. These are labeled G1 and G2. You cannot see them here because the plastic cover is still in place, but the are right there, you cant miss them. Remove those plastic tabs as well. Now the grill can woble back and forth but it wont come off because its anchored to the bumper. You will take the grill and bumper off as one piece.
3. Now remove the screws and nuts as shown below: there is one on each side of the car.
4. Remove the 4 plastic tabs on the bottom of the bumper. The general location is marked out in the picture below. You cant miss them. They connect the plastic of the bumper to the black plastic splash gaurds under the car. There are 4 labeled 1,2,3,4 in the pic
5. Now is the part where you actually take the bumper off. Look at the pic, there are two plastic anchors (1 on each side) that are part of the bumper and are mated to a metal clip that holds it tight against the fender. You have to remove the plastic anchor from the clip being careful not to yank too hard so as not to break the anchor. You can do this by pushing the bumper up with your left hand from the bottom (if you are on the left side of the car) and with your right hand, yank the bumper towards you. It will make sense once you see how the clip and anchor fit together. See pic.
6. Do that on both sides and you are done. Now grab the bumper at the corners where the grill meets the bumper and pull straight out towards your legs and the bumper should come off. You will also need to unplug your fogs before you can totally move it out of the way. Good luck.
A forum community dedicated to Honda Acura owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Open to all models including the Integra, RSX, RDX, and MDX