Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gruppe intake

This is what has been said about it... "Few reasons why it is a superior intake system. First, the carbon fiber heat shield has a shape that actually helps increase airflow velocity as well as CFM. There is a misconception that CFM is all that matters, not true. Same goes for cylinder head porting. One head can flow 350CFM, another 300CFM...but if the former has a tendency to create turbulence or decrease velocity, then the latter will create more power...swirl and velocity are what count, CFM is a by-product. Secondly, this intake system does not sit low in the bumper section. Instead it sucks cold air from the fog housing and from behind the headlight. This helps create more airflow due to the use of the headlight vent and eliminates any concerns of water ingestion. Lastly, the quality of the carbon fiber and the craftsmanship is trademark Japanese: excellent."

To me it just looks to me a fliter with a Carbon fiber cover... and looks flexed into shape for it to fit...
Anyone think i should get on this GB? :D

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
One way would be to compare a different Intake from a different company on the same car. See if that carbon fibre crap really makes a difference. Soon we'll see carbon fibre condoms... Just because its carbon fibre, doesn't mean its worth the box it came in.

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you want the intake to make a difference then you need stage 2 software with any intake you get.

This intake is the same price as the dinan one. $499, and that price doesnt include the software

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gray Goose 330Ci said:
Hey Jesal...

How does your stereo sound with the factory head unit?

Sounds fine... wait till its done... i still need to get my Rainbow coponents installed which will be next week.

And i need new amps since the ones i have now are shitty. :mad:

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gray Goose 330Ci said:
The groupbuy doesn't sound bad, $495. They emailed me back about shipping though and said $95. A total of $590! That is a bit fucking high.

Are you not happy with the ecis?? Im pretty sure im just gonna stick to the Dinan one.

·
Registered
29,610 Posts
Crazy Bimmer said:

Are you not happy with the ecis?? Im pretty sure im just gonna stick to the Dinan one.
The ECIS is one of the things they took when my car was stripped. :(

·
Registered
29,610 Posts
Yuuichi said:
Gruppe is a good brand. They make a awesome S/C for the NSX. ;)
No doubt it is a good brand but for $590, I don't think it is worth it. Dinan is just as good and cheaper for me since shipping for the Gruppe is $95. I just can't justify spending that much money although it does look good.

Who knows, I might cave in and go for it.

GruppeM intake
Dinan throttle body
Active Autowerke software tuning

:eek:

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gray Goose 330Ci said:

No doubt it is a good brand but for $590, I don't think it is worth it. Dinan is just as good and cheaper for me since shipping for the Gruppe is $95. I just can't justify spending that much money although it does look good.

Who knows, I might cave in and go for it.

GruppeM intake
Dinan throttle body
Active Autowerke software tuning

:eek:
Hmm... i just sent an email to Samir... and he told me it would be intake is $495 + $28 for shipping....

Did you tell him you were indian... LOL

Doesnt sound too bad... plus for me this intake would be better since i wont have to worry about hydrolocking like i would with the dinan. :bigok:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.