Acura World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to cancel a credit card?

I made the biggest mistake ever by accepting a NextCard Visa card. I've had this for the last 1 year and have been trying to cancel for the last 5-6 months or so.

I have an I-Pass (for the tollways here in IL) and the CC gets charged $40 for credit when my balance is low on the I-Pass.

Well, about 4 months ago I pulled the I-Pass from that CC since I was wanting to cancel the card. I call up Customer Service (CS) and tell them that I want to cancel and pay off the balance of $40.02 ($.02 finance charge for daily periodic rate or something at that point in time). I pay it and account is considered closed.

I get a statement in the mail for 2 months (I just ignored it since the account is closed and didn't care to look at it - Mistake on my part). I finally opened a statement to see what it says and it shows that I owe $90.02! Looks like they charged me late fees for 3 months over $.02 plus interest!

2nd Call:

I call up and explain calmly that I wanted to cancel the card and I don't understand the statement since the account is closed. The CSR tells me that its because I didn't pay my account fully. I demanded that the charges be removed immediately and show my account as 'closed' w/ 'zero balance' and rightfully so, he did that (sort of). I ended up paying for 1 out of the 3 late fees since I did make a mistake on my part also (I know I didn't have to, but its only fair if I make a mistake).

I get my bill next month, check it, Balance: $29.02.

3rd Call:

I call up and speak to a CSR again and request to talk to a Supervisor (stupidvisor). No supervisor is available so I lay all the facts out for this CSR and he removes the charges and says, "I can't do this so I'll forward them on to my supervisor and s/he will have to remove them". I get his name and thank him for his help.

I didn't get a bill next month, but got one yesterday (which I checked this morning). Balance: $60.02!

4th Call:

This time I'm pissed, I call up and DEMAND a supervisor. The CSR asked what it was regarding and I told him, "Its about something you guys just can't seem to do right!". I get transferred to Jason, the supervisor. I have a pissed off tone in my voice and I think he knew it too. He tells me that in the account history he sees that the last CSR did forward the request to a supervisor, but nothing was done afterwards. He pulls my info up and removes all charges (yes, even the $.02 this time). He tells me that my next statement SHOULD have a credit for $60.02.

We'll see about that:sqnteek: :rolleyes:

Nextcard!!!!:mad:

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
It only takes me 10 minutes to cancel a credit card. Ask me all the personal info and why are you cancelling the CC.

·
Registered
464 Posts
and when they are done, they usually send you a letter of confirmation....I don't get why they are making it so difficult.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
ShockBoltThrower said:
and when they are done, they usually send you a letter of confirmation....I don't get why they are making it so difficult.
They dont like Ken thats why! They dont like dirty Indians! :D

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,527 Posts
Infamuz said:

They dont like Ken thats why! They dont like dirty Indians! :D
especially Gujus!!

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Iridium130 said:

especially Gujus!!
Focken guy! I ain't Guju! Don't be comparing! :D Punjabi to the core! Gujus would run off this website for the fact of being banned off another ;) :D

Teri bhen di!

·
Registered
464 Posts
by the way, can any one of you punjabis tell me what a harami benchod is...I have been called it enough times, i think i deserve to know. :sqnteek:

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ShockBoltThrower said:
by the way, can any one of you punjabis tell me what a harami benchod is...I have been called it enough times, i think i deserve to know. :sqnteek:
I dunno what it is :dunno: :D

Infamuz told me to say it to you :D ;)

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Driven said:

I dunno what it is :dunno: :D

Infamuz told me to say it to you :D ;)
I have no clue what it means either? :bash:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts