Acura World banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a 2004 or 2005 TL. I was wondering how does an Acura TL usually last before it starts needing maintance. Around how many miles? I know american cars and German usually start needing heavy maintenance around 100k.

How does the Acura compare and around how many miles does it start requiring maintenance?

thanks and Merry Christmas!

·
Banned
30,092 Posts
I am looking at getting a 2004 or 2005 TL. I was wondering how does an Acura TL usually last before it starts needing maintance. Around how many miles? I know american cars and German usually start needing heavy maintenance around 100k.

How does the Acura compare and around how many miles does it start requiring maintenance?

thanks and Merry Christmas!
A TL will need timing belt, water pump, and spark plugs at 105K. Other service should be trans drain and fill every 15K. Oil changes every 3-5 K depending on driving conditions.

The timing belt/water pump is pretty expensive, but only every 105K is not really a bad price in the long run.

Figure that a TL, properly maintained and cared for, will last indefinitely.

·
Registered
256 Posts
A TL will need timing belt, water pump, and spark plugs at 105K. Other service should be trans drain and fill every 15K. Oil changes every 3-5 K depending on driving conditions.

The timing belt/water pump is pretty expensive, but only every 105K is not really a bad price in the long run.

This.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The mechanic at the Acura dealer I go to said he has a handful of TL's that they service with over 300,000 miles on them and 2 with over 400,000 miles. That seams pretty good to me.

MGG

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am thinking of getting an acura that has 75k on it so I wont really need to worry about anything major (oil change isnt major I believe) for another year or so till it reachs the 100k mark.

Any estimate on the timing belt, water pump and spark plugs that would need to be changed at around the 100k (or 105 as you mentioned) mark?

thanks so much!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I am thinking of getting an acura that has 75k on it so I wont really need to worry about anything major (oil change isnt major I believe) for another year or so till it reachs the 100k mark.

Any estimate on the timing belt, water pump and spark plugs that would need to be changed at around the 100k (or 105 as you mentioned) mark?

thanks so much!
it can get quite expensive.
if you let the dealer to the work, it could run into the 1000's easy.
I suggest buying the individual parts then have an indie mech. do it.

·
492 Posts
The question you ask will have alot to do with how well the car you are thinking of purchasing was maintained and driven. There is no reason a properly driven and maintained TL should not last till 200K+ miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts