• Yes

Votes: 441 86.3%
  • No

Votes: 70 13.7%
1 - 20 of 254 Posts

·
9+ years = addiction
1,685 Posts
I have a 2002 TL-S. It will make 5 years on april. I would buy another acura in an instant. I recommended the 3rd gen to my friend and he loves it also.

I love the acura since its a overall great car with alot of cool techie toys. I admit, The car had some problems but all cars have their share of problems.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I probably wouldnt buy 1. I think my next car will be a Lexus or Infiniti. I like the direct that they are going in and Acura seems to be a little behind.

I had a 2nd gen with 4 trannys and I was treated like crap when I complained and they wouldnt do anything for me so I had to hire a lawyer to have it lemoned. Now with my 3rd gen and the bumpers not matching, the tires wearing out with 18k miles and a ton of rattles that they dealer cant fix.

I may reconsider if Acura starts offering more option like rwd or awd and there service and quality improves.

·
I WANT YOU!
5,777 Posts
I've had two Acuras, an '01 CL-S and '04 TL, and will certainly consider getting another one...but I will likely lean towards a Lexus or Infiniti next time around. As far as Acuras go, I am only interested in the TL and MDX. For me, the only major disappointments with my TL -- so far -- are the damn rattles and the FWD. I would definitely be willing to pay more for the TL if it were made in Japan where quality control is not taken lightly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought the 05 TL because of the cool tech toys, sexy looks, and value price. Although I think it has some cheap touches, overall I've been pleased with it. I would definetly consider another Acura.

Prior to the TL I had an 03 Infiniti Qx4. It had excellent build quality and Infiniti service was top notch. In the 2 years I owned it, I never experienced any rattles or squeaks. The paint quality was superb, and the interior dash and leather was plush. I was very impressed with the overall quality of the car and would rank it above that of my TL.

Brand alone is not enough to sway my decision. For me it comes down to performance, looks, cool toys/features, and the test drive.

·
The Crushinator
7,909 Posts
I would buy an ac again, however now that I own 2, I think my next ride might be a Subaru just for their AWD, they're fantabulous.... but I love my Acuras, so it's going to be hard either way... but that's in a helluva long time, I mean, I'm gonna enjoy my TL and my RSX as long as I can.... and I probably won't get bored of these rides for quite some time...

·
Registered
111 Posts
I will certainly consider another Acura, along with Lexus and Infinity. If Acura makes a step up with interior build assembly, I would be 100% content. But the buzzing, rattling and ticks do everything to remove the perception of a premium brand. It puzzles me how much Honda / Acura can focus on details like a solar sensing HVAC system and miss the most obvious perception of quality with the interior assembly.

·
9+ years = addiction
1,685 Posts
nastinupe1 said:
I'm switching to MB, BMW, or Lexus for the customer service aspect. I have not been treated well by Acura at all. But as a Honda owner I wasn't treated well then either. So I'm not suprised.

I have a bmw and the service from bmw treats me like shit. I even tryed another dealer, which will not give me a loaner since i did not buy from them.

I hate bmw service, i was treated so bad i would never buy a bmw anymore. i am sorry but thats the case. My neighbor feels the same way.

Acura treated me like a god since day 1, i been to 3 acura dealers and they all treated me very good. I am Very happy with acura.

·
I WANT YOU!
5,777 Posts
nastinupe1 said:
I'm switching to MB, BMW, or Lexus for the customer service aspect. I have not been treated well by Acura at all. But as a Honda owner I wasn't treated well then either. So I'm not suprised.
I guess it all depends on where you live and/or what dealer you use. My dealer has always been VERY helpful and courteous.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i know this is a tl forum.

but yea i would buy an acura again.

if i had the money i would buy the new tl with the a-spec package.

but i settle for my g1 legend.
this car is very reliable even though i dumped about $1,500 for the jdm engine....but thats my fault.

·
I WANT YOU!
5,777 Posts
ekimevil said:
which lexus would you consider in lieu of your TL?
I really like the GS. I know it costs more than the TL so it's really not in the same class, but it also has more than ANYTHING Acura has to offer.

·
Registered
111 Posts
We have a 06 GS and an 05 Avalon LTD in the family corral. They are wonderful cars (as is the TL). My opinion is Toyota / Lexus delivers more on the refinement and interior assembly (that is only where I notice quality variances) where Honda / Acura have a bit more performance focus. The GS would be my choice over the TL, but I am not sure I feel it justifies a 15K premium over the TL after driving the 2 vehicles side by side.

For my tastes, a bit more focus on the assembly details would warrant a price increase with Acura. I would gladly pay a few more K for a refined Acura than 10-15K more for the Lexus.

Features and content aside, Acura can claim anything about their brand, content, value and precision engineering. But that is easily disappated from my perception when I hear the interior complaining as I drive down the road. The interior of my '02 Isuzu makes no complaints, even as I bounce down the road.

1 - 20 of 254 Posts