Votes: 441 86.3%
  • No

Votes: 70 13.7%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Not a Moderator
2,043 Posts
Brown Chaos said:
We're trading in the 99 Civic for an 06 CSX. We've had amazing times with our Acura's and they are so fun to drive. I've driven the Lexus and i don't like some of the ride the GS offers, in fact we picked the RL over the GS after driving both of them together.

Later, when i probably get older and am buying cars, i'll try for Acura and Lexus two car combo. It's the way to go.
well, when the IS350 arrives shortly many TL'ers may think twice about buying the TL.....

·
Not a Moderator
2,043 Posts
OneOfOne said:
I traded my TL for an 01 lexus LS because the TL wasnt luxurious enough. yeah the LS is another class of car but then lexus is above acura in my book. the customer service and sales experience is top notch. I just traded my LS for a new IS 350 and I dont think I would ever go back to acura. another reason is because acura only makes I acura specific car and thats the RL which is boring looking and not selling. honda needs to step up and stop rebadging cars as acuras when they are hondas.
i agree on the service/sales experience for Lexus. just shopping around at the Lexus dealers i noticed a big diff between Acura and Lexus. Lexus was much more friendlier (is that a word) and the actual dealerships were 3 steps above Acura's.

i love my TL, but so sad it has to go. today may be the day i buy the Lexus GX, and in a few weeks i'm buying a new Tacoma.

·
Not a Moderator
2,043 Posts
nastinupe2 said:
Because the IS350 has been around since October 2005.
all the lexus dealers i went to had none on their lots, and i dont see any on the roads...... i'm assuming not that many are hear.

·
Not a Moderator
2,043 Posts
nastinupe2 said:
They have been on dealer lots since the end of October 2005 here in Atlanta. They are literally all over the place. Let me look up some sales numbers...

According to http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2006/04/03/002900.html Lexus sold 13,165 IS's between the month's of Jan and March of this year. That's about 4300 cars per month.

"Lexus passenger cars experienced best-ever March sales of 13,798 units, an increase of 9 percent. The IS luxury sport sedans reported an all-time best-ever sales month of 5,210 units, a 1086.8 percent increase over last March. The IS 250 reported sales of 3,821, with the IS 350 recording 1,389 units."

I actually was going to buy one, but they have no back seats whatsoever. Their back seats are even smaller than the BMW 3 Series.
when i went to test drive a GX470, there were no IS350's to be seen, was told they were not arriving until mid May.

·
Not a Moderator
2,043 Posts
nastinupe2 said:
Really? That's wierd. Maybe they meant that they wouldn't have any in that were not pre-ordered until May. Or maybe they lied because they wanted you to concentrate on purchasing the GX instead of waiting for a car that was not in stock.
nah, i was on the lot and just asked some sales wheenie "when do you get the IS350's in?", he had no clue why i was there.

·
Not a Moderator
2,043 Posts
TampaTL hit on some good points. IMHO, they just need to stick with a model and simply do yearly refinements. i also think they need to get some basic feature in the car, like a radio that plays MP3's.

i got my lexus gx470 a few months ago. got it with dvd navi system. f'in thing has a cd changer in the glove box !!! it dont take up room in the box but having to load it really sucks balls. odd thing is, if you dont get navi the radio is a unit which can load 6 cd's like the TL does. go figure. we now use my iPod as a player.....

·
Not a Moderator
2,043 Posts
i think i replied before, but i was recently looking at the 4th gen TL and for some reason i dont like the body styling and not a big fan of AWD with no RWD option. for me the 3rd gen was better. i am happy with Lexus and will most likely buy Lexus again (unless Acura comes out with some other TL).

·
Not a Moderator
2,043 Posts
My '04 TL has been the best car you could expect from a reliability point. Not a single repair, and 32mpg on the road to 'Vegas at 80 mph. No rattles, nothing! It is FAST FAST FAST - more than anyone needs, and it is still gorgeous and drives well, although now 5 years old.

However the car has several simple design flaws that really bother me.

1. (Main Gripe) The RIDE is far too stiff and noisy. If I wanted the A spec I would have bought it. The amount of road noise is unacceptable in a car of this cost and type.
you can soften the ride with different shocks and perhaps with some 16" wheels with tires as wide/tall as oem, etc. but if i'm not mistaken the 3g TL was marketed as a sports sedan, not a luxury sedan. with my 04 i actually stiffened up the rear with a comptech rear swaybar, oz racing 18's wit some better falken tires, and i installed eibach springs with koni adjustable "yellow" shocks. the car went from feeling just ok to stick-like-glue when i drove it hard. i think for you that luxury feel, for the same time era, the lexus gs300 or acura rl would have been a better choice.

·
Not a Moderator
2,043 Posts
i'm looking at infiniti M class, the new M56 sport looks sweet. i dont like the looks of this latest gen TL. i think with some refinements Honda had the market with the 3rd gen TL.

·
Not a Moderator
2,043 Posts
MajorCordite,
you have a 2003 TL? wouldnt that be a 2nd gen TL? this is a 3rd gen forum...

wasnt there known trans issues with 2nd gen's? sorry to hear about the issues. i think the car companies are struggling to make solid issue-free products. my 2010 corolla xrs is currently at the dealer getting a 2nd engine installed, 1st factory engine had a cracked engine block, 2nd engine (short block install) didnt last 10k miles.

·
Not a Moderator
2,043 Posts
Does an Aspec package on an 2006 TL improve the resale value? If so, how much?
try kbb or edmunds or cars dot com sites to see what they say for resale vs same car w/o aspec package. i suspect it does cater to a smaller market though, so getting it sold may be a tad harder?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts