Acura World banner

Would you buy another Acura ??

  • Yes

    Votes: 443 86.4%
  • No

    Votes: 70 13.6%
61 - 80 of 254 Posts

·
Registered User
Joined
·
50 Posts
this is my second, the first was an 05 RSX-S,and i babied that bastard...bought it in 04 and hardly drove it. last month at 7 am on my way to walmart, something in the engine let loose..so my options were to wait a month to have it fixed, or trade it in..ergo..i have an 06 TL. I wanted a TL in the first place, but was being frugal...they gave me full trade-in on the RSX,so i figured i'd give Honda Mtrs one more chance..lol wasnt looking forward to the pmnt from a 22k car to a 37k car..lol....by the way(this is just food for thought) if anyone buys an acura with upgraded wheels as i did, keep in mind..you paid for those stock wheels/tires..have the brains to get them at delivery..i had to fight for mine..but at almost 2 grand they charged me for the 18" wheels, theres no way they charged me a reduced price and gave me a trade-in value on my stock wheels..and if anyone wants to but them, contact me...
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
437 Posts
kazwell karz said:
this is my second, the first was an 05 RSX-S,and i babied that bastard...bought it in 04 and hardly drove it. last month at 7 am on my way to walmart, something in the engine let loose..so my options were to wait a month to have it fixed, or trade it in..ergo..i have an 06 TL. I wanted a TL in the first place, but was being frugal...they gave me full trade-in on the RSX,so i figured i'd give Honda Mtrs one more chance..lol wasnt looking forward to the pmnt from a 22k car to a 37k car..lol....by the way(this is just food for thought) if anyone buys an acura with upgraded wheels as i did, keep in mind..you paid for those stock wheels/tires..have the brains to get them at delivery..i had to fight for mine..but at almost 2 grand they charged me for the 18" wheels, theres no way they charged me a reduced price and gave me a trade-in value on my stock wheels..and if anyone wants to but them, contact me...
What you said is very true about the wheels. I got them to drop the price of the wheels instead of taking home the second pair.

How are your 18's driving? Mine were horrible and always vibrated. I have Yoko's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
We're trading in the 99 Civic for an 06 CSX. We've had amazing times with our Acura's and they are so fun to drive. I've driven the Lexus and i don't like some of the ride the GS offers, in fact we picked the RL over the GS after driving both of them together.

Later, when i probably get older and am buying cars, i'll try for Acura and Lexus two car combo. It's the way to go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
I would probably buy another acura. This is my second already. I own a 04' TL right now.

The really can't complain. First off, I got it used for 23,700 used which was a steal to me for the kind of features you get. My only gripes would be the back seat not folding down, paint job isn't the best, both side mirrors not folding down in reverse, and front seats cracking and a little firm, and the rear shelf buzz. I probably couldn't get as good a deal for the price I paid with the features the car has to offer.

I was looking to get an infinity g35 but saw all the complaints about those, not to mention all the little recalls here and there I heard about.

my .02
Rob
 

·
Not a Moderator
Joined
·
2,043 Posts
Brown Chaos said:
We're trading in the 99 Civic for an 06 CSX. We've had amazing times with our Acura's and they are so fun to drive. I've driven the Lexus and i don't like some of the ride the GS offers, in fact we picked the RL over the GS after driving both of them together.

Later, when i probably get older and am buying cars, i'll try for Acura and Lexus two car combo. It's the way to go.
well, when the IS350 arrives shortly many TL'ers may think twice about buying the TL.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Acura_Kid said:
well, when the IS350 arrives shortly many TL'ers may think twice about buying the TL.....
Pending where you live, yes. But the small back seat has hindered the car as well as the no manual tranny. In Canada, although a small market, the TL is the best pic, because of the FWD.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
67 Posts
I traded my TL for an 01 lexus LS because the TL wasnt luxurious enough. yeah the LS is another class of car but then lexus is above acura in my book. the customer service and sales experience is top notch. I just traded my LS for a new IS 350 and I dont think I would ever go back to acura. another reason is because acura only makes I acura specific car and thats the RL which is boring looking and not selling. honda needs to step up and stop rebadging cars as acuras when they are hondas.
 

·
Not a Moderator
Joined
·
2,043 Posts
OneOfOne said:
I traded my TL for an 01 lexus LS because the TL wasnt luxurious enough. yeah the LS is another class of car but then lexus is above acura in my book. the customer service and sales experience is top notch. I just traded my LS for a new IS 350 and I dont think I would ever go back to acura. another reason is because acura only makes I acura specific car and thats the RL which is boring looking and not selling. honda needs to step up and stop rebadging cars as acuras when they are hondas.
i agree on the service/sales experience for Lexus. just shopping around at the Lexus dealers i noticed a big diff between Acura and Lexus. Lexus was much more friendlier (is that a word) and the actual dealerships were 3 steps above Acura's.

i love my TL, but so sad it has to go. today may be the day i buy the Lexus GX, and in a few weeks i'm buying a new Tacoma.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
I guess it would depend on the Lexus Dealer. Before I bought my TL, i went to Lexus of Wilmington and they suck. Waited 15 min until someone actually came up to us. The sale rep that came up ..wasnt that friendly a bit of the arrogant side. What i dont get is that why was all the car LOCKED in the dealership :sqnteek: ??? Then we went to the Acura dealer and they were friendly and helpful. Then i went to Lexus Dealer again to see if they had the new IS in. When we got there and waited 15 min again, this time no one would even come up to us. Even the BMW Dealership was way better..then lexus.

That is just my experience with Lexus...i guess it varies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
They have been on dealer lots since the end of October 2005 here in Atlanta. They are literally all over the place. Let me look up some sales numbers...

According to http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2006/04/03/002900.html Lexus sold 13,165 IS's between the month's of Jan and March of this year. That's about 4300 cars per month.

"Lexus passenger cars experienced best-ever March sales of 13,798 units, an increase of 9 percent. The IS luxury sport sedans reported an all-time best-ever sales month of 5,210 units, a 1086.8 percent increase over last March. The IS 250 reported sales of 3,821, with the IS 350 recording 1,389 units."

I actually was going to buy one, but they have no back seats whatsoever. Their back seats are even smaller than the BMW 3 Series.
 

·
Not a Moderator
Joined
·
2,043 Posts
nastinupe2 said:
They have been on dealer lots since the end of October 2005 here in Atlanta. They are literally all over the place. Let me look up some sales numbers...

According to http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2006/04/03/002900.html Lexus sold 13,165 IS's between the month's of Jan and March of this year. That's about 4300 cars per month.

"Lexus passenger cars experienced best-ever March sales of 13,798 units, an increase of 9 percent. The IS luxury sport sedans reported an all-time best-ever sales month of 5,210 units, a 1086.8 percent increase over last March. The IS 250 reported sales of 3,821, with the IS 350 recording 1,389 units."

I actually was going to buy one, but they have no back seats whatsoever. Their back seats are even smaller than the BMW 3 Series.
when i went to test drive a GX470, there were no IS350's to be seen, was told they were not arriving until mid May.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Acura_Kid said:
when i went to test drive a GX470, there were no IS350's to be seen, was told they were not arriving until mid May.
Really? That's wierd. Maybe they meant that they wouldn't have any in that were not pre-ordered until May. Or maybe they lied because they wanted you to concentrate on purchasing the GX instead of waiting for a car that was not in stock.
 

·
A-Spec Fan
Joined
·
171 Posts
I'd buy another Acura in a heartbeat. I've owned two and love my '04 TL immensely.

As far as the new IS....no thanks, its backseat is meant for children and midgets.
 

·
Not a Moderator
Joined
·
2,043 Posts
nastinupe2 said:
Really? That's wierd. Maybe they meant that they wouldn't have any in that were not pre-ordered until May. Or maybe they lied because they wanted you to concentrate on purchasing the GX instead of waiting for a car that was not in stock.
nah, i was on the lot and just asked some sales wheenie "when do you get the IS350's in?", he had no clue why i was there.
 
61 - 80 of 254 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top