• Yes

Votes: 443 86.4%
  • No

Votes: 70 13.6%
81 - 100 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I love my '04 Tl but when my lease is up, Im going for a BMW. 5 Series at least if not the M5. We will see. Im ready for a higher class and the RL does not cut it for me. Its ugly. If it were nicer, I would have gotten it instead of my TL!

·
Registered
72 Posts
i didnt spend enough time to read all post but in my mind. a first car and a good 4banger. nothin beats acura/honda. face it. i have a stock 96 teg ls not vtec. i have out run jettas, golfs, probes, neons, and wat else. cars that are on there base trim the teg will own. unlike the s2g of course its world record breaking power like 100 hp for ever cylinder. NA POWER. or is it 120 hp per cylinder. i would buy another acura no doubt. but i want an allwheel drive turbo also. now dodge, chevy, and wat not are makin 4 bangers. but they are boostin them to keep up with the rsx power. srt turbocharged, cobalt ss (i think its the ss) is supercharged.

·
Registered
8,020 Posts
I'm on my third Acura.

'93 Vigor - Bought new (was really a demo) traded in with 111K miles
'01 TL - bought new traded in with 80K miles
'06 RL - Just bought new

I think that says it all.

·
Registered
72 Posts
GoHawks63 said:
I'm on my third Acura.

'93 Vigor - Bought new (was really a demo) traded in with 111K miles
'01 TL - bought new traded in with 80K miles
'06 RL - Just bought new

I think that says it all.
around here alot of old white people dont seem to like import cars. but u dude. i got to give u props. thats if ur white. u noe wat i mean. they would rather go 4 vettys or stangs. not that i hate then or anythin. i love all cars.

·
Registered
8,020 Posts
96LSeG said:
around here alot of old white people dont seem to like import cars. but u dude. i got to give u props. thats if ur white. u noe wat i mean. they would rather go 4 vettys or stangs. not that i hate then or anythin. i love all cars.

:sqnteek:

Old white dudes? Now that's a backhanded compliment if I ever heard one.

Oh yeah, I'm white.... and... um... I guess old.

·
I WANT YOU!
5,777 Posts
Yeah...and at least I can write a comprehensible sentence using English as it was tought to me in school. This is a web forum, save the "iSpeak" (as I call it) for the chat rooms and text messaging. Thank you and have a nice day. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Most car bumpers do not match panels due to other processes the paint is applied. Infiniti is one of the worst in this area for matching.

Mr Zipps said:
I probably wouldnt buy 1. I think my next car will be a Lexus or Infiniti. I like the direct that they are going in and Acura seems to be a little behind.

I had a 2nd gen with 4 trannys and I was treated like crap when I complained and they wouldnt do anything for me so I had to hire a lawyer to have it lemoned. Now with my 3rd gen and the bumpers not matching, the tires wearing out with 18k miles and a ton of rattles that they dealer cant fix.

I may reconsider if Acura starts offering more option like rwd or awd and there service and quality improves.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Acura has always sat in a weird-ass market. They kind of hover in the middle. Their vehicle line is pretty small and they don't have any cars that are over the top luxurious. In the price range that we were shopping in, we tested all the alternatives and came out with the 2G TL. It was cheaper, much better quality, and fun to drive.

I think that if Acura were to go out and produce over-the-top, ridiculous cars and actually stole some of the higher luxury companies' thunder, they might forget about the kind of customers that we were. Look at Mercedes. Their C-Class [when we were in the market] vehicles were a tremendous letdown. To make them on par with the TL we bought, there would have been a long list of options. Options mean extra expense, while the TL already had everything. Why should they care about the C-Class? They've got E and S class owners, and let's not forget what was Maybach.

I don't want to see Acura go the way of Mercedes and forget about their lower market. Just because I don't make $200K/year doesn't mean I should settle because "It's still a(n) [ insert brand name here ]".

·
Registered
1 Posts
After owning 3 Honda/Acura, this being my 3rd for sure. I cant complain about my car except for 2 rattles the dealer fixed, it has been everything I expected... The only cars I really like and could afford are a BMW 3 Series, Infinti G35 and a Acura TL. I will for sure look into the next gen TL for my next purchase.. :beerchug:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Will buy again

I just got a used TL. I find the build quality to be decent, but not to the level of Lexus, Porsche, or Audi. It is as good as Mercedes or Infinity. I really enjoy the hi-tech geegaws the TL has. I like the decent power, and good balance between performance and comfort. I believe I will buy another Acura in the future.
Unfortunately the Acura service sucks, just like at Mercedes or BMW dealers, where the staff are snotty, and acting like they're above mere customers.
Nobody beats Lexus in terms of customer service, both in the sales and service departments. Porsche's service comes a distant 2nd.

·
136 Posts
The TL is one of the best price-performance combo's but a number of quality issues are also evident. I am getting tired of the paint issues. Had the headliner issue originally, etc. If I only had $34K for this level of car, I would buy a TL again however, that is not a constraint so the next car will probably NOT be a TL (even though I voted that I would buy one again....for the price)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think Acura (as most car manufacturers do) are losing focus on quality in order to up the anty of content & technology. I recognize this is driven by market demands. But I think Acura (and Lexus, among others) are riding on a quality reputation they have relaxed focus on.

Personally, I would like to see improvements on build quality more than new features. As we all know technology is fragile, fickle and often inconsistent due to it's complexities and rapid evolution (and WE pay to be the BETA Testers!). I expect more issues from technology than how well something is screwed (or clipped) together.

I too, tend to believe Lexus does it a bit better (but not necessarily $$$ that much better!). I am less forgiving of the rattles in our new GS than I am on the tighter riding TL. But our last generation GS was less technology, but it was built like a vault. I wonder why we traded a rattle-less GS for a new generation GS that has been in the shop more than my TL??? :mad:

But I was re-reading an issue of Acura STYLE magazine about the building the TL. When they talk about the exacting measurements of the panel gaps the very example used (and in the photograph) was a technician QA'ing the glovebox door! I laughed aloud that that was the example they CHOSE to highlight! Have you ever seen two TLs with the same gap size in the glovebox doors? :mhihi: They STILL focus on the precision & quality of their products as the primary mission, but I don't buy that as being superior to most any other car manufacturer. Is it better than most, yeah...I'd say that. But not to the level they proclaim (IMHO).

I think the things Acura (and others) can manage, realistically, is just building it better (not just cheaper...oops, I meant more 'efficiently'). I just don't know at what point the market (us) will convey that message loud enough to convince them. I don't think I should have to pay $50K for a car that doesn't sound like it is coming unglued on all but the smoothest road surfaces. On the other hand, the GS was $50K, has a softer suspension tuning and has rattles they cannot even isolate! :bigcry:

I think the TL is still the best option in this market segment. And no car is perfect. But if Acura proclaims quality as mission 1, I think they have some explaining to do.

·
Registered
122 Posts
We're replacing the Honda Odyssey to go side by side on the driveway with the Acura RL. So to replace the Honda, we're getting the Acura MDX.

Should be a nice two car combo on the driveway, plus the other TL and the EL. =)

·
Not a Moderator
2,043 Posts
TampaTL hit on some good points. IMHO, they just need to stick with a model and simply do yearly refinements. i also think they need to get some basic feature in the car, like a radio that plays MP3's.

i got my lexus gx470 a few months ago. got it with dvd navi system. f'in thing has a cd changer in the glove box !!! it dont take up room in the box but having to load it really sucks balls. odd thing is, if you dont get navi the radio is a unit which can load 6 cd's like the TL does. go figure. we now use my iPod as a player.....

81 - 100 of 254 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.