• Yes

Votes: 443 86.4%
  • No

Votes: 70 13.6%
141 - 160 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
The RSX and TSX are on my short list for replacing my old solid and reliable GS-R.

Except the price.

I can get an SRT/4 or an RX8 for quite a bit less than a used TSX.

I haven't exactly driven my PT GT gently and it has been solid so far. I don't know how long I'd want to put up with the SRT/4's racket though. It'd probably be cool for the 1st 10,000 or so miles and then it would start to get tiresome. :dunno:

I will say this. The interior fit and finish, quality of materials, etc....in my Acura is as good or better than any other premium Japanese car with a 4 cylinder.

...which basically means the Infinti G20 :lol: to my knowledge, there are no Lexus 4 cylinders.

·
Registered
120 Posts
...which basically means the Infinti G20 :lol: to my knowledge, there are no Lexus 4 cylinders.
That's what I own, Infiniti G20 5spd MT. That car rocks in cornering. That is why I bought it. It's running like crap now. I can't stand the engine and road noise. The entire exhaust system is like screaming out loud. I needed a quiet, and powerful car, which is, Acura TL. I was also looking at the G35 but I got tired of Infiniti's cause I've been driving my G20 for 10 years.... euck!:lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought another one

a month ago I got T-boned in my 99 TL. It did its job and consumed itself; I escaped with a bunch of broken ribs.

Had not intended to be in the market for another three years or so, so I drove a lot of used cars, since I have a 100 mile per day commute and it makes no sense financially to do that on a new car.

Drove BMW X5, 5-series, Lexus GS, ES, Infiniti G35, VW Toureg, MB S-series, and others. After much consideration, I bought a superclean 04 TL with 41k, new rubber, and a spotless CarFax. The Bimmers were nice but too expensive, the Infiniti drove nice but every example I drove had cheesy interior issues, the Lexus's had a Chevy feel with the mileage.

Will be trading the 4Runner for an MDX one of these days for the wife.

·
15 Posts
I said yes.

I have a 2000 TL, tranny went out this AM, at 93K. Still under warranty, made it by about 4 months, by the grace of the 9 month extension. He said the replacement tranny will have a 12 month warranty.

While in the dealership, I drove an 07 TL, pretty much loved it. I'm thinking on it pretty hard. I won't have to do anything immediately, so I'll probaby look around. But the TL is at the top of my budget. I don't want a more expensive car. I was offered 30.7K cash price before TTL, which I thought was very good. I know they're clearing them out for the 08's, but I keep mine pretty long, so an 08 is not that appealing.

I could wait a year for an 09, but I would not want to pay list, I know me.

I like the performance aspect of the TL. I did notice some of the plastic looked surprisingly cheap on the interior. I'd hate to replace tires at 20K miles.

·
67 Posts
Yea I did exaggerate a little.

You know I like to exaggerate.

But it is true that the IS350 has soft ride soft suspension. The Infiniti and Acura is known for a little stiffer ride.

You seem to take things too seriously. It is not good for your health. Take it easy and ease up our mind......

The profanity part is sometimes necessary, to express one's feelings. :robb:

..... and you can call me "line" if you want.
how about calling you less than knowledgable? the IS comes with regular and sport suspension. I own the regular after having driven the sport. its ride is almost as bad as the TL. I dont like front wheel drive and I came to that conclusion after owning an 04 TL. the TL is cool for gadgets but its NOT in the IS class for luxury. also as others have noted I hated seeing accords and knowing that I had a souped up loaded accord and the evolution of the accord to this model year proves my suspicion. if you need to use profanity to express yourself it just means you lack vocabulary.

·
Registered
120 Posts
how about calling you less than knowledgable? the IS comes with regular and sport suspension. I own the regular after having driven the sport. its ride is almost as bad as the TL. I dont like front wheel drive and I came to that conclusion after owning an 04 TL. the TL is cool for gadgets but its NOT in the IS class for luxury. also as others have noted I hated seeing accords and knowing that I had a souped up loaded accord and the evolution of the accord to this model year proves my suspicion. if you need to use profanity to express yourself it just means you lack vocabulary.
OneOfOne, please drop it. The profanity talk was ended a long, long time ago. I'm not the same as before. Just give a rest.

As for the Lexus having soft ride, it is true. It does have softer ride than the TL. The TL will outrun the IS350 in the corners. It appears that the combination of FWD and the Acura's tight suspension system is doing justice. If you haven't noticed, some of the famous road course tracks(England & Australia) use FF cars (Front Engine, Front Wheel Drive). They obtain some of the best times in those tracks with lots of curves and hair-pins. RWD doesn't mean jack..... The more you drift the more time you will lose. There is no time for drifting. RWD is not God. It doesn't work that way.

However, I am still seriously considering getting me an IS350 next time. I realized that the Acura TL cars are completely built in USA. They are designed in USA, parts are from USA, and fully built in USA. I've been a bit disappointed... I found out that all Lexus cars(except RX350) are built in Japan. The build quality is pristine, absolute highest. I know. I have checked out the interior of the IS350 myself and it is indeed awesome. I haven't made up my mind yet..... it would be either a 6MT TL Type-S or IS350.

·
Registered
2 Posts
07,TL S-Type 3.5 eng.timing chain or belt

I was wondering if any reader would know if the 3.5 engine has a timing chain or not a friend had heard that because of complaints they'd went back to a timing chain verses a timing belt thanks sr123 :beerchug:

·
1,181 Posts
Bought an 04 TL last week after my 92 Legend LS shown some BHG symptoms. Enjoying the feel and ride of her now. :)

·
1,040 Posts
Actually, I may wait to see what the 09 TL is going to look like. If I dont like what I see, I may look at an M35 Infinity(V6). The RL is not appealing enough to me look wise. The interior and the features are great but I really feel like Acura/Honda went the wrong direction from the 04RL to the 05RL. I think it should have probably looked something like the M45 infinit. So I probably wont pay close to 50g's for an RL. TSX's are fun but not truly my style. I am pretty much banking on the 09 TL. well... unless someone has a 95 black legend coupe with 30k miles on it. lol*

·
Registered
11 Posts
im already thinking about gettin a new acura.. ive always been a huge fan of honda so gettin this tl waz a no brainer for me... i waz thinkin about trading in my 04 tl for either a rl or tha new tl type s.. but i read a thread that says tha new rl may come wit a v8 in tha future so i guess i can b patient for a while and i only got 38k on my 04 tl now so i got time...

·
57 Posts
Bought an 04 TL last week after my 92 Legend LS shown some BHG symptoms. Enjoying the feel and ride of her now. :)
Same here. I just bought my 2nd TL, an '04 lease comeback with only 36K on the clock. I junked out my '02 TLS after numerous problems with the tranny and the front end (which my kid packed after "borrowing" the car one night.) was just a mess. It was repaired but never "right" afterwards.

But I think the TL is a great car. This '04 is showing every sign of satisfying my particular needs. I love the 30 mpg I get on the freeway. I don't think any of the TL's competitors can deliver that kind of mileage.

Can anyone recommend a good bra for my '04?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Acura for life..

This is the second Acura that I have owned and I loved my first one just as much as my second. I had an 01 3.2 CL Type S in Red with Black leather and it gave me know problems at all. Plus the car was hot it always turned heads and everybody loved my car.

I don't understand why people are sleep on Acura. You have everyone going to get Lexus or BMW but the Acura Legend was one of the first affordable luxury cars back in the day. If you look back at old school hip hop videos or listen to some songs then you will see or hear them talking about the Acura legend.

To me Acura will always be the luxury markets unsung hero but it is a great car. I pray that one of these days I see or hear people praising Acura like they do Lexus.

141 - 160 of 254 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.