• Yes

Votes: 443 86.4%
  • No

Votes: 70 13.6%
161 - 180 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I like to share my experience. Probably I like Acura Legend 88 type, and size. Let me tell you the reasons. I have Cressida 91 with RWD but this is too much gas and road handle is like a baggy. I have 89 Honda LXi and this is the most stable compact sedan, but this is too light and slow. I have 1994 Acura Integra LS, this sport car is too bumpy for me. I tried my friend’s Acura RSX Type S and this one too is uncomfortable for my style. I have 1993Acura Legend Automatic. This is very strong engine, but very slow response and too baggy. I have BMW 325i Auto, and I felt it’s not as convenient as my 88 Legend. Acura Legend with manual Transmission is the best and the odometer reading is 350 plus. And I am not comfortable with my 1971 Datsun 240Z. So Next time if you have a chance try Acura Legend model 1988 with stick shift transmission. The weight is perfect, the shape is perfect. The ratio of body weight and engine power is perfect. It is roomy for family and yourself. And the trunk is the biggest compare to all of my cars. I can put anything I bought from woods, cement, or plants. I can put any music instruments and sound systems. Next time buy Acura Legend again.

·
492 Posts
I like to share my experience. Probably I like Acura Legend 88 type, and size. Let me tell you the reasons. I have Cressida 91 with RWD but this is too much gas and road handle is like a baggy. I have 89 Honda LXi and this is the most stable compact sedan, but this is too light and slow. I have 1994 Acura Integra LS, this sport car is too bumpy for me. I tried my friend’s Acura RSX Type S and this one too is uncomfortable for my style. I have 1993Acura Legend Automatic. This is very strong engine, but very slow response and too baggy. I have BMW 325i Auto, and I felt it’s not as convenient as my 88 Legend. Acura Legend with manual Transmission is the best and the odometer reading is 350 plus. And I am not comfortable with my 1971 Datsun 240Z. So Next time if you have a chance try Acura Legend model 1988 with stick shift transmission. The weight is perfect, the shape is perfect. The ratio of body weight and engine power is perfect. It is roomy for family and yourself. And the trunk is the biggest compare to all of my cars. I can put anything I bought from woods, cement, or plants. I can put any music instruments and sound systems. Next time buy Acura Legend again.
Nice review but I think that finding a nice clean 88 Legend now (20 years later) is gonna be a bit of a chore...... have you driven a 2004-Newer TL?? How about a newer RL?? I think if you got your hands on a newer model luxury oriented car (the RSX is more boy racer and is not really considered luxury but sport compact)... The TL or RL would be more on par with the Legend.

·
I WANT YOU!
5,777 Posts
The Legend is in the class of RL..... not TL.

;)
That's not exactly correct. The Legend is the ancestor of the RL. However, the 3rd gen TL has surpassed the latest model Legend in every category.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The problem with Honda/Acura is that the cars sell because it's Honda. People don't need to watch commercials... They hear Honda, they go.:boink:

Honda/Acura has been using cheap quality parts though. Also the build quality/ craftsmanship has gone down, with most of them being built in America.

I'm considering Acura for the next purchase ONLY because of damn good handling. If it wasn't for the handling I wouldn't care much about Acura...

My shopping list for this year has been changed:

- Hyundai Genesis Sedan V8
- '08 Acura TL Type-S 6MT
- '08 Acura TSX 6MT

Too bad the Genesis Coupe won't be out this year. If that was to be out this year then that would be my first choice.:mhihi:

:lol:

:uhh:

·
Registered
182 Posts
I bought a 07 TL with Navi 6 months ago. Let me say this, I bought Acura over other luxury cars such as Lexus, Infinity, BMW, MB, Volvo, Audi, or Cardilac simply because Acura got the best value for the money u pay, and one of the best looking car that fit my aggressive/luxury looking style and one of the best gas mileage compare to the rest of them. And of course one more thing, Acura/Honda always comes out with the most unique new tech that set the trends.

Just my thoughts to share. I am pretty sure there are many people out there disagree with me, so I would say that is just my opinion, everyone has the right to say and buy what they like and don't have to listen to me. No point of arguing. Have a great weekend!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 88 Integra Ls in storage and a 99 TL that im currently driving and i Love both my cars...Im saving the 88 integra for my daughter...by time shes 16 it'll be a classic.hehehe...

Im not sure if id buy any of the newer models(3rd generation)..they seem to have lost quality as the years progress...jus my opinion tho...My 99TL is everything i need in a nice ride..its comfy, fits myself and my wife and were both over 6 feet tall....my newest daughter fits in the back perfect in her car seat....and overall it hasnt done me wrong as of yet aside form basic tunes ups...

it's also stylish enough to be my 'family' car but not make me feel old...and its still fast enough to make idiots that like to race look stupid..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought my 04 TL used (16,900 miles!) and I don't plan to part with it for some time- but I will probably look at Acura again when the time comes.

I really liked the 08 MDX that was in the showroom when I bought my TL.

P

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
Boy this thread really took off... I never imaginged so many folks would chime in on this question. 85% re-buy market is pretty good. Imagine the 15% got lemons or just plain like other cars better.

Thanks to all who contributed to this poll.

Acura, we know you are lerking here. What do you think about these results...?

·
5,395 Posts
I would buy a other Acura again, I think people that wants BMW, Benz, or Lexus are more into technology, as for me the only technology I would want in a car is GPS, and blue tooth.

When I buy a car, I want something safe, and reliable, not something that is base on gadgets.

·
Mother Goose!
10,700 Posts
Saving up for a rsx atm and I have a 95 gsr.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Anything wrong with your 95 GS-R? Cuz if I remember correctly, those cars were fast and great, and even better no electronics control to limit your Max speed, right? Or maybe I m wrong. I just remember years ago when my friend took me for a 140 mph ride on his 95 GS-R..lol! Never gonna do that again, kind of scare my pants off!

161 - 180 of 254 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.